Apple Readies 4-inch iPhone 5se

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I wish Google and LG would have done something like this with the Nexus 5.

The new device is internally codenamed “N69,” but the launch name will likely be the “iPhone 5se.” The “se” suffix has been described in two ways by Apple employees: as a “special edition” variation of the vintage 4-inch iPhone screen size and as an “enhanced” version of the iPhone 5s. Indeed, the upcoming “5se” features a design similar to 2013’s flagship but upgraded internals, software, and hardware features that blend the old design with modern technologies from the past two iPhone upgrades.

I'll be looking for it, don't need any bigger than that. Got the iPad Pro if I want to use bigger.

I'm waiting for the iPhone 5ff (flip phone). I don't need a big screen.

I need a larger phone for reading prints while 60ft in the air, hence Note5

So now Apple is copying the competition by making different sized new phone?
(As opposed to just selling the older model)

Is there anything Apple won't copy?

Perhaps you missed the iPhone 5C...

And the increase to 'Note' size even though they degraded it years ago? iPhone was innovative initially... but that time has past.

It's a 5c replacement. Even in 2014 there were people who felt the 6 was too big (which is why the 5c stuck around for another year). They probably should have released this phone last fall, but I guess it wasn't ready.

lol.

Apple is also copying Android by using electricity. I wish they would come up with some sort of alternate way to run their phones, because its insane that apple copies everyone...and to copy electricity...its fucking asinine!

Or possibly.....and this is obviously going out on a limb here.....but maybe there is still a moderate part of the population that wants a small form factor phone, but also additionally wants it to have newer hardware inside.

I would use the anecdotal story of the fact that my wife refuses to upgrade her 5S because it's as big as she wants. But I'm guessing any such story would be seen as being planted by corporate shills on the interwebs.

I carry BOTH a 5S and a 6 on me. I find both sizes to be useful for what I use them for.

The 5SE will be my next phone (still using a 5S). I hate the >4.5" phones...and there aren't any good <4.5" phones out there. I mainly use mine for email, some misc convenience apps, and music. Although I occasionally watch a video here and there, the majority of my media usage is on a computer or TV at home.

Or possibly.....and this is obviously going out on a limb here.....but maybe there is still a moderate part of the population that wants a small form factor phone, but also additionally wants it to have newer hardware inside.

I would use the anecdotal story of the fact that my wife refuses to upgrade her 5S because it's asbig as she wants. But I'm guessing any such story would be seen as being planted by corporate shills on the interwebs.

I carry BOTH a 5S and a 6 on me. I find both sizes to be useful for what I use them for.

Lol...right ;)

Back