The Division PC Specs Revealed

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft has released the official minimum and recommended PC specs for Tom Clancy’s The Division.

Minimum Configuration:
  • Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

Recommended Configuration:
  • Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website.

Am I wrong for feeling that this should become available before pre-order is available? I would imagine there are cancellations when releasing in this current order from people who cannot run it like they hoped. Or is it just me being my normal nitpicky.

Two things to note...

1) The best price at a reliable site is $38.99 right now (GMG VIP)
2) In a recent interview it was made clear this game would support multiple GPUs out of the box (here's hoping!)

Well.... Still meet the recommended without an upgrade.

Now, if the Ultra setting was available that required a nice new i7 Skylake overclocked and a couple TitanX's in SLI and 16GB RAM, I'd buy the game and a new PC. There's nothing to get me to upgrade my PC. Games used to really push the hardware. I'm just not seeing it anymore.

I'm happy that I don't have to upgrade and I can run it perfectly fine on my PC. I'm upset about it for the same reason.

I'm sure it will be fine on my 850m ��

i5 huh? I was thinking of going with an i3 to save cash for the light gaming I do, but it seems more and more games are going the quad core route.

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Why have game install sizes exploded the last couple of years? Have gamedevs somehow forgotten how compression works?

Why have game install sizes exploded the last couple of years? Have gamedevs somehow forgotten how compression works?

Does it really matter? PC's have always had way more space. 40GB is nothing.

min spec is a dual layer dvd rom??

For a retail boxed copy, that makes sense. We've had dual layer dvd readers and burners for 15 years now.

I'm just amazed its not a single CD that includes a small web application that downloads the rest of the game. That seems to be a more common occurrence.

Oh well, not many gamers are left that are affected by this anyways as most people subscribed to the online download only method a loooong time ago.

I'm just amazed its not a single CD that includes a small web application that downloads the rest of the game. That seems to be a more common occurrence.

Oh well, not many gamers are left that are affected by this anyways as most people subscribed to the online download only method a loooong time ago.

Indeed. But my DVD drive is a lot faster than my internet! I was a little crabby when the last time I wanted to install HL2, I had to download the whole damn thing even though I had the disc in the drive.

Am I wrong for feeling that this should become available before pre-order is available? I would imagine there are cancellations when releasing in this current order from people who cannot run it like they hoped. Or is it just me being my normal nitpicky.

By now you should know what is normal for new games. If you are using a computer that is questionable for specs you shouldn't be preordering new games. This is on par if not a little lower than any other game out today.

Larger games, higher res models and textures. People want games to have better and better graphics, they want all games to run with 4K resolution and super realistic lighting and other effects.

For a retail boxed copy, that makes sense. We've had dual layer dvd readers and burners for 15 years now.

Bet $5 that you install off the DVD and then they turn around and require you download an update for the game that is the size of the game. Sounds about right for games now.

Back