Iron Maiden Game In The Works

HardOCP News

[H] News
At first I was excited when I heard about this. Then I realized it was a free-to-play mobile game. Run to the hills, run for your lives. :(

"As a lifelong fan, I have always thought that Maiden's music, lyrics and cast of characters would provide the perfect basis for a deep RPG experience", said Roadhouse boss James Hursthouse. "With this game we're creating an outstanding RPG that will appeal to all mobile gamers, including those discovering Maiden for the first time."

Mobile and deep? you could argue that's an oxymoron like dry mop...

which reminds me of a good skit from George carlin

But I really do like Iron Maiden so heres to it not sucking Eddies balls off.

Even a full AAA game built around Iron Maiden would have a good chance of sucking (the history of musicians getting involved in gaming is long and disgraceful), a free to play mobile game is going to be total crap.

Dingding diliding dingding diliding dingding diliding doo dee doo daa.

Bloody Hell. I seriously hope this wasn't the big thing in the works Maiden announced was coming after they did what they promised would be their last 1980's centered tour.

I wish I could say at least I'll always have my memories of seeing them in Denmark when I was younger, but I seriously don't remember s&*# after getting to the festival.

An Iron Maiden F2P mobile game? Kill me now.

The history of musicians getting involved in gaming is long and disgraceful.
Among the ruins of "Power Factory Featuring C+C Music Factory" and "Kriss Kross: Make My Video" there lies gems such as "Rock n' Roll Racing" and, uh....that's the only one I can think of.

wvM7AQa.gif

Something on the scale of Brutal Legends would be epic. Brutal Legends 2? :confused:

Quake had an all Nine Inch Nails sound track and a nail gun and turned out pretty good.

From Wikipedia:
Throughout early 1996 Reznor collaborated with id Software to help create the music and sound effects to the first-person shooter video game Quake.[12][83] In homage to him, the entire Quake series features the Nine Inch Nails band logo on ammo crates that supply ammunition for the in-game nail gun weapon.[94]

At first I was excited when I heard about this. Then I realized it was a free-to-play mobile game. Run to the hills, run for your lives. :(

Oh. :(
Yeah, my reaction is pretty much exactly the same. A Maiden themed RPG sounds awesome, but I so want it to be more than just a mobile app.

And yeah, I immediately thought of Brutal Legend. I need to play that again sometime soon. :cool:

I like the first several Bruce Dickinson Iron Maiden albums (from Number of the Beast through, say, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son), but even those pale in contrast to the first two Iron Maiden albums, Iron Maiden and Killers, which featured Paul Di'Anno on vocals.

Loved Maiden since high school...Power Slave tour was awesome!....maybe it'll be a game where you play as their tour manager...and have to book them and deal with press and all...LoL. And you can choose to play as Bruce and pilot the band on their big ass Jet....and it'll then phase into having to play as various members of the band ala guitar hero...

Back