Windows Calculator App Nagging Users For Reviews

I reviewed it a week or two ago. Sometimes I think people are just looking for reasons to complain. Most apps that I have on my phone have asked me to reviews them at some point. I didn't review it to give it stars, I reviewed it to give feed back on some issues I've noticed.

Strange, the calculator on Windows 7 has never been reviewed or asked for one.
Reason #457 to stay with Windows 7.

I think its funny, if this stops you from upgrading to Win10 you must have the perfect life is thats all you have to complain about.

Windows 7 calculator is shy, socially inept, and likes being pushed around by millions of boys and do their bidding.

Windows 10 calculator is sexier and likes her buttons pressed because she gets hot and bothered.

I'm sorry you like weaker willed women.

Microsoft should not need feedback on this. You need us to tell you whether you've coded a calculator app correctly? Have a little confidence in yourself, Microsoft, this is like a grown-ass man asking his date if he's buttoned his shirt up properly.

Microsoft should not need feedback on this. You need us to tell you whether you've coded a calculator app correctly? Have a little confidence in yourself, Microsoft, this is like a grown-ass man asking his date if he's buttoned his shirt up properly.

I think its either a mistake or a way to get people to go into the store. I cant imagine they actually give two shits what people think of the calculator app.

I think its either a mistake or a way to get people to go into the store. I cant imagine they actually give two shits what people think of the calculator app.

Its an oversight... Since they added some of their core apps (including w/ads like with solitaire) as universal apps which is managed by their app store.

Wouldn't be surprised if more apps start to prompt...

Another option is that for most apps they disabled the prompt but forgot to with calculate... that intern is getting fired:)

This prompted me to open it to check. I'm pretty sure I've opened it before and I don't recall getting prompted. Nothing yet. However, I did notice that if you click on the menu button there are now a lot of functions to the calculator. You can convert acres into square inches lol. There are ‪6272640‬ square inches in an acre, and ‪4014489600‬ in a square mile!

Eh if it was a standalone app that came pre-loaded and could be uninstalled I wouldn't have a problem with it, but since it can't be uninstalled that's some pretty unfair advantage vs 3rd party calculator apps.

This type of functionality drives me crazy, I've started rating apps negatively because of it. -1 star because it keeps bothering me to rate it. I'm hoping it's a self-defeating system.

i find it rather disruptive for calculations. and if i even had a microsoft account i would give it negativ feedback for distutbing my workflow with crappy questions.

Actually, they didn't code it right. For a long time it couldn't follow simple order of operations among other things. Was on the feedback tracker for a bit before it got fixed.

This type of functionality drives me crazy, I've started rating apps negatively because of it. -1 star because it keeps bothering me to rate it. I'm hoping it's a self-defeating system.

Agreed. Calculator should be a small light weigh app that does a job, nagging me is not the part of it.

I love the fact that there's an app for giving feedback about apps. I suppose that one will also nag you for feedback, inviting the opportunity for an infinite loop.

Is this a cheap ploy to get you to see the "store"? (No Win10 here yet.)

Apps will always have bugs, and it's nice to have a readily-available feedback mechanism in-place. It just so happens that ALL universal apps (like the new calculator) are built on a framework that includes a built-in feedback mechanism, so seeing this pop up isn't all that surprising. It just exists by default, in all apps.

But yeah, what about say...this Windows 7 calculator bug? how would a normal user know how to report it?
http://www.askvg.com/microsoft-windows-calculator-bug/

I don't even have a Windows 10 appstore on Windows 10. That is what you get from using W10 Enterprise LTSB. Oh and on W10 LTSB you get the original W7 calc.exe

Plenty of apps do this but I've never seen it in Windows Calculator. As for getting people to use the Store, there is a pinned task bar Store link by default.

Windows 7 calculator is shy, socially inept, and likes being pushed around by millions of boys and do their bidding.

Windows 10 calculator is sexier and likes her buttons pressed because she gets hot and bothered.

I'm sorry you like weaker willed women.

Dude. I think it's high time you exited your parents' basement and actually met a real woman...

Plenty of apps do this but I've never seen it in Windows Calculator. As for getting people to use the Store, there is a pinned task bar Store link by default.

Many apps on most platforms do.

...but there's a difference of expectation between a free-2-play game written by a teenager still living in their parent's basement....and a business productivity app published and bundled from one of the largest software multinational corporate entities around.

I got an even better one, this was in windows 10, not with a Live ID so it wasn't one of my insider builds. It's subtle but still it's an ad.
zNdnkFMnGx0rMAuD2kx3QmX4KOA1BXAoztNazi9uZe1

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/s...ztNazi9uZe1?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hate windows calculator, because it registers mouse-up events, not mouse-down. Yet I use it so much, heh.

Back