Growth Funds Dumping Apple Stock

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess now is as good of a time as any to dump your Apple stock. Depending on when you bought it, you could make a nice chunk of change off your stocks.

Amid concerns that iPhone sales may be set to drop, the $77.3 billion American Funds Capital World Growth & Income Fund (CWGIX.O) has sold all of its 1.7 million Apple shares since the end of June, according to Lipper data. The $9.3 billion Hartford Capital Appreciation Fund (ITHAX.O) sold 1.4 million shares over the same period, reducing its position by 91 percent.

Unless the news is worse than people think, and their inventory of unsold phones is really piling up worse than crude oil.

I don't think we have seen the bottom yet.
If there is more bad news and it plunges a lot more, even I might be tempted to buy some. :)

We're officially in bear territory now being driven by weakness in China's economy and of all things, oil that's now too cheap, go figure. The concern particularly for Apple right now is that much of it's iPhone growth is coming out of China. The 6s launch I believe was the first to occur in China concurrently with the US launch which led to a record iPhone launch weekend. Of course weakness in China impacts pretty much all of the major tech firms.

wait till the RSI shows oversold then depending on your timeline buy. which point was just a bit ago

I really think phones are going to end up like computers for the mainstream consumer. You used to have to buy a new computer every year, and it was a drastic improvement. Same with phones, drastic improvements year after year. Now, it's very marginal improvements which will get smaller and smaller. Suddenly, people will just be happy with what they have - especially when more durable screens are the norm and breakage related replacements shrink.

Not really sure how useful that is in a bear market though.

depends on your time horizon and what you think they're value is long term. I think they go higher once the market corrects. hence i'd buy here. but if you're in it for the short term then probably not as like was said before, it could go lower with even the slightest negative story.

depends on your time horizon and what you think they're value is long term. I think they go higher once the market corrects. hence i'd buy here. but if you're in it for the short term then probably not as like was said before, it could go lower with even the slightest negative story.

True. It's a bear market so there's going to be a rebound on tons of stocks in time.

I really think phones are going to end up like computers for the mainstream consumer. You used to have to buy a new computer every year, and it was a drastic improvement. Same with phones, drastic improvements year after year. Now, it's very marginal improvements which will get smaller and smaller. Suddenly, people will just be happy with what they have - especially when more durable screens are the norm and breakage related replacements shrink.

You have to remember we are talking iPhones.

With the exception of the larger screens on the 6 & 6 plus, "very marginal improvements" is what Apple has been doing for years, yet people keep buying them to have the latest and greatest.

However, I do agree with not needing to upgrade as often. I'm finally upgrading my Samsung S3, not because it's slow, but because the official support is stuck at 4.3 which is a bit of a security risk.
I can root it and load a newer version (even 5.0 if I want) but I depend on it for work, and don't want to be messing with it that much. Once I switch to the new phone, I'll likely upgrade my S3 and save it as a backup in case someone in the family needs it.

You have to remember we are talking iPhones.

With the exception of the larger screens on the 6 & 6 plus, "very marginal improvements" is what Apple has been doing for years, yet people keep buying them to have the latest and greatest.

However, I do agree with not needing to upgrade as often. I'm finally upgrading my Samsung S3, not because it's slow, but because the official support is stuck at 4.3 which is a bit of a security risk.
I can root it and load a newer version (even 5.0 if I want) but I depend on it for work, and don't want to be messing with it that much. Once I switch to the new phone, I'll likely upgrade my S3 and save it as a backup in case someone in the family needs it.

My S3 aged pretty quick for me actually. I thought it was pretty damn slow compared to my One Plus.

My S3 aged pretty quick for me actually. I thought it was pretty damn slow compared to my One Plus.

Depends on what your are using it for.
Texting, phone calls and email are still fine.

720p Videos play fine but 1080 tend to break up a little.

Some games are slow, but that's not what I have the phone for.

I'm guessing you don't own any stock if you think that ;)

Or maybe he's wanting to sell or short and just wants buyers?

It's why I avoid most stock message boards such as in Yahoo finance. Too many people with their own self interest trying to put out fake advice to get suckers to give them their money in the stock market.

I'll jump back in when/if it goes below $90. I bought it during the last crash and sold when it was back up. Took my profits and ran.

That's what happens when you put all your eggs in one product, the iPhone, which is considered a mid tier device compared to the competition. Other than Mac sales which is relatively flat all the other products are dead or dying. Explains why Apple is desperate to get into EV.

There have still been iPhone stocking issues at my local AT&T store. However, their market is simply saturated and I still wonder why people keep thinking growth can continue forever.

Sanity (finally) hits Apple's stock price and everyone (investors) loses their minds!

That's what happens when you put all your eggs in one product, the iPhone, which is considered a mid tier device compared to the competition. Other than Mac sales which is relatively flat all the other products are dead or dying. Explains why Apple is desperate to get into EV.

lol, the piffle

Back