Kickstarter 2015 in Games: Kittens, Zombies, and Kung Fu

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Kickstarter, 2015 was a really good year for games. Over $144 million pledged by close to 980k backers is pretty impressive considering that is close to double what was pledged in 2014. :eek:

Kickstarter loves games, and we know you do, too. But this year, we were blown away by the sheer force of your love. In 2015, more than 978,000 backers pledged over $144.4 million to Games projects — that’s nearly twice as many people and nearly twice as much pledged money as in 2014. We couldn’t be more psyched.

Just goes to show you that making promises is enough for most people.

I'm surprised all the scams on that site hasn't really caused any notable backlash against Kickstarter as an organization. Seems like something destined for mainstream media to run with.

Not that I'm rooting for that to happen. Just figured it would.

I'm surprised all the scams on that site hasn't really caused any notable backlash against Kickstarter as an organization. Seems like something destined for mainstream media to run with.

Not that I'm rooting for that to happen. Just figured it would.

Maybe because scams are in the minority of the projects and most funded projects actually succeed ... the high profile scams get a fair amount of publicity but they aren't reflective of the general KS project ... unfortunately the big successes don't always get nearly as much publicity

I don't disagree with that statement, but still surprised mainstream media doesn't take a minority occurrence that makes a good story and blow it up. It's what they do.

And if by fair amount of publicity you mean Kotaku or whatever, yeah, I'm talking a little more mainstream than that. I've read plenty of disaster stories, but not outside glorified blogs online.

I don't disagree with that statement, but still surprised mainstream media doesn't take a minority occurrence that makes a good story and blow it up. It's what they do.

Perhaps if a Kardashian or Kanye gets scammed it will be front page news ... realistically I think KS is too "techy" to catch their attention ... now if one of these scams results in a person's death or something, that might catch their interest

Back