US Spy Chief's Personal Accounts Hacked

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know what is worse, being the Director of National Intelligence and getting hacked or the fact that the person that hacked you is a teenager going by the name "Cracka."

US spy chief James Clapper's personal online accounts have been hacked, his office confirmed Tuesday, a few months after CIA director John Brennan suffered a similar attack. Clapper's Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed the hack but refused to provide details.

Hillary running her own e-mail server might not have been such a bad thing after all.

Hillary running her own e-mail server might not have been such a bad thing after all.

And how do you know her server wasn't compromised?
It's not like she had a staff of security experts monitoring the server.

Besides, this was his PERSONAL account, where Hillary had her work account, which had classified data, on her personal server.

And how do you know her server wasn't compromised?
It's not like she had a staff of security experts monitoring the server.

Besides, this was his PERSONAL account, where Hillary had her work account, which had classified data, on her personal server.
None of it will matter when she is Madam President.

White House can't do anything right.

May be true, but Clapper isn't in the White House nor is he in any part of the Executive Branch.

I'll file this under "Who gives a fuck"

So his ISP got hacked, that's the upshot of it, happens all the time.

Cracka is part of the "Crackas with Attitude" group, which broke into Brennan's personal email account last year.

Hackers from the group have said they are teenage high school students.

Which if memory serves me, was accomplished through social engineering? He called customer support, and a dumbass violated security policy and changed a password for Brennan's account giving the kid access to it.

Wasn't that how it went?

To show the world that an intelligence director has no intelligence.

That you think so tells the world you are the one who falls in that camp.

Not only is this most likely not any more Clapper's fault then it was Brennan's when he was "hacked", I think it's probably Clapper that's got a few million stashed with a nice retirement supplement, maybe even Secret Service bodyguards too, but something tells me the odds that you are right there with him are .... slim :)

A hacker who claims to have broken into the AOL account of CIA Director John Brennan says he obtained access by posing as a Verizon worker to trick another employee into revealing the spy chief’s personal information.

http://www.wired.com/2015/10/hacker-who-broke-into-cia-director-john-brennan-email-tells-how-he-did-it/

We can argue the wisdom of having an AOL account but we all know how that one will go. But Brennan wasn't the one who fucked up in this story, it was some Verizon idiot that fucked up. And it's probably going to turn out very similar in Clapper's case once they track it down.

To show the world that an intelligence director has no intelligence.

How does someone "hacking" a Verizon account belonging to an intelligence director show that said intelligence director has no intelligence? they also got his wifes Yahoo account, that sounds like a Yahoo problem

This isn't the first time a Verizon employee has been social engineered, no idea what information Verizon gets from you but I'm guessing they probably have an email on file (maybe) as well as a secondary phone number and I've got no idea what "internet accounts" is but I'm guessing they looked through his email went to these "internet account" sites and reset the passwords for these "internet accounts", I'm sure Yahoo is also vulnerable to social engineering, AOL used to be

Back