$35,000 Worth of Counterfeit Fitbits Seized in Philadelphia

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who knew there was a market for counterfeit Fitbits? I guess it just goes to show you that counterfeiters will knock off just about anything.

Today in international counterfeiting news: U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents have seized 350 counterfeit Fitbit trackers at the Port of Philadelphia, according to a press release issued today. The bands arrived from Hong Kong on December 4th, and a month later, on January 4th, they were declared knock-offs and seized by agents. The bands were worth about $35,000.

And 59 million gallons of counterfeit corn syrup slips on through the cracks.

Counterfeit corn syrup? You lost me.

Same. Corn Syrup seems like a product that's already so cheap, imitation products couldn't compete on price. Honey on the other hand...

Regardless, $35,000 for 350 knockoff pedometers seems a little optimistic.

Well they do retail around 100-150 each for real ones. So.. 35 large isnt that far off I would guess.

Same. Corn Syrup seems like a product that's already so cheap, imitation products couldn't compete on price. Honey on the other hand...

Regardless, $35,000 for 350 knockoff pedometers seems a little optimistic.

The real ones are pretty expensive and pretty popular. Maybe not with techies, but definitely with fitness obsessed women.

It also has a heart rate monitor so inaccurate that people who (ill-advisedly) bought them to monitor their heart rate for medical reasons are suing the company.

I've never seen anyone wearing one, ever. Maybe it's an American thing to buy into every silly trend the second it's farted out.

For a bunch of "techies" a lot of you sure hate tech.

My fit it is nice, twist my wrist and it displays a clock. Tap it and it cycles through my daily health info. Hold the button for an on demand stopwatch. The heart rate monitor is actually really good, consumer reports backed fitbits accuracy big time, and the people are going to lose that lawsuit.

Back