U.S. To Form Task Force To Fight Online Militant Propaganda

HardOCP News

[H] News
It should be interesting to see how the government plans on preventing "violent online extremism." I say we tactically nuke Twitter and Facebook and that should solve the problem altogether. Ta-da! No more radical posts on social media. ;)

A new group known as the Countering Violent Extremism Task Force will "integrate and harmonize" government efforts to prevent violent extremism in the United States, White House national security spokesman Ned Price said. Some of the changes appear largely bureaucratic, however, and reflect the government's ongoing struggles to address the Islamic State's presence online. President Barack Obama is working to reassure the public that his administration is succeeding against Islamic State in the wake of recent attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California.

And yet the only groups they will focus on are those citizens that are outspoken against the bullshit our government is foisting on its citizens at a spectacular rate.

More government "jobs" tax payers have to well... pay for. As with so many other government programs this will likely not create any real value.

obama is a terrorist, there is only one solution to this terrorism problem. No muslimes allowed period. Take a look at Japan, no muslimes allowed and no terrorist funny how that works.

And yet the only groups they will focus on are those citizens that are outspoken against the bullshit our government is foisting on its citizens at a spectacular rate.
Oh, no doubt. You know they already have national security officials who watch and infiltrate Islamic jihadi websites. These are going to be more useless federal employees paid to spew government propaganda at the nation's own citizens.

Dissidents will only be acceptable in officially sanctioned free speech zones.

Dissidents will only be acceptable in officially sanctioned free speech zones.

There's a big difference between peaceful resistance and murders gunning people down and blowing them up. And it's reasonable to say that we've bought this on ourselves because Western governments are killing many more. But it's not possible to simply ignore when people are being murdered like this.

Ok, the thought and speech police and picking up their game. /s :rolleyes:

What propaganda is or isn't is what we tell you it is, or isn't.

Oh wait... I read this story somewhere...

in-my-safe-space.jpg

/Thread

And it's reasonable to say that we've bought this on ourselves

There was a really cool show in 1988 called War of the Worlds, a spin-off continuation of the canon of the 1953 film. The star was a scientist with a Sherlock vibe tapered off with '80s hip liberal touches. He headed a unit that was combating a secret awoken group of aliens attempting to take over the earth. It was pretty edgy with its violence and subject matter for the time and was likely the inspiration for series like Twin Peaks and The X-Files.

In one of the episodes, a pack of aliens buries subliminal messaging in a pop music song to brainwash people into thinking the aliens mean them no harm. I should mention these aliens routinely kill people and take over their bodies and consider them vermin. The scientist ends up actually liking the music and doesn't realize the brainwashing effect until the others notice his bizarre behavior.

The main thing that tipped them off? Him rationalizing that we brought the invasion on ourselves by detonating nuclear weapons, provoking them into coming here to stop us.

Watching it recently, I couldn't help but be chilled by the fact that people still use that argument, and I'm pretty sure ISIS hasn't gotten around to altering Taylor Swift.

The main thing that tipped them off? Him rationalizing that we brought the invasion on ourselves by detonating nuclear weapons, provoking them into coming here to stop us.

Whatever the reasons or justifications used in exercising violence, and there is a time and place for it, violence does often beget simply more violence. It becomes a cancer, an unending cycle of an eye for an eye.

Whatever the reasons or justifications used in exercising violence, and there is a time and place for it, violence does often beget simply more violence. It becomes a cancer, an unending cycle of an eye for an eye.

You treat cancer with radiation. We did once. It worked.

You treat cancer with radiation. We did once. It worked.

If you're referring to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that war had already been won. I doubt that the use of such weapons would be as effective today. If a terrorist group ever got their hands on such capability and used it, whatever debates we have about freedom and government overreach into freedom would largely become irrelevant. Freedom is of little point if a million homes are glowing in the dark and you're dead.

If you're referring to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that war had already been won. I doubt that the use of such weapons would be as effective today. If a terrorist group ever got their hands on such capability and used it, whatever debates we have about freedom and government overreach into freedom would largely become irrelevant. Freedom is of little point if a million homes are glowing in the dark and you're dead.

I agree, so let's beat them to the punch with a single warhead on Raqqa. Restores geopolitical power status. No foreseeable retaliatory attack, since Russia is engaging the same enemy and China is dealing with their own Islamists. Sure, the UN and EU and a bunch of countries would whine and complain but they wouldn't do a damned thing. Everybody wants those bastards gone, including almost all of the Middle East. I'd forgive Obama for a hell of a lot if he found the balls.

Back