ROG’s Maximus VIII Formula Redefines The Math For Premium PCs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Every motherboard has its own formula. This carefully balanced equation of specs and silicon lays the foundation on which PCs are built, ultimately dictating much of their personality. Although each blueprint is unique, most follow familiar themes and conventional thinking, making it difficult to stand out from the crowd. The ROG Maximus VIII Formula is different, though. Based on Intel’s Z170 chipset for 6th Generation Core processors, it brings together exclusive features and compelling new capabilities to redefine the math for premium gaming PCs. With cooling, lighting, and looks like no other, plus all the cutting-edge technologies you’d expect from ASUS’ Republic of Gamers, the Maximus VIII Formula has all the right ingredients for your dream build.

Wicked board. Dislike that armor around it like the saberkitty has.

I received mine today. Have not had a chance to boot it up yet due to work but it looks great.

Only issue I currently have with it is the EK water block fitting is slightly blocked by the rog armor on the top most fitting. I am trying to use a 90 deg connector there and may have to shave the plastic off a bit to make it seal correctly. the armor sits a couple mm higher then the water block its self.

I will post a picture when I go to break later.

Debating if this is worth rmaing over or not. On board leds do not display the same color like they should.

Back