Fastest Skylake CPU Frequency 7007.85 MHz On Maximus VIII Gene

HardOCP News

[H] News
Der8auer along with Dancop, both German overclockers achieved the fastest CPU frequency on a Skylake motherboard using a Maximus VIII Gene. They reached 7007.85 MHz for CPU frequency! To be able to reach this frequency, they first had to go a long binning process to find this golden chip. Then, once they found the most powerful ones – reach around 4.8 GHz on air cooling – they were able to put it on cold. -190°C later, they achieved 7007.85 MHz! Surpassing the previous score of 6998.88 MHz. Dancop also worked hard to celebrate 2016, he claimed four World Records (WR) and one Global First Place (GFP)! Well done!

Will there be a screenshot that shows it at 7007.85 MHz? The one on your site shows it at 6837.42 MHz.

Big whoop. That was with only 2 cores enabled AND hyperthreading disabled.

The ONLY valid results to me are with all cores AND hyperthreading enabled.

^^ totally this. So sick of seeing benchies with only like 1 or 2 cores enabled, HT off, this off, that off. While impressive, that speed with the CPU fully enabled would be (Darth Vader voice) most impressive.

granted, but they were not just going for the OC record. They got the superpi 32m record, which wouldnt have been possible with more cores.

Really? I'd say the only valid results to me are ones where the chip is stable for 24 hours at a time. All that chasing high numbers that you can't even use for anything is pointless.

Agreed as well! Wonder what it'll get with everything enabled now :)

^^ totally this. So sick of seeing benchies with only like 1 or 2 cores enabled, HT off, this off, that off. While impressive, that speed with the CPU fully enabled would be (Darth Vader voice) most impressive.

I only recognize OC that's viable for daily use. That makes every liquid nitrogen cooled monstrosity a pointless dick measuring contest, that's mostly about lucky dip.

And still can't crack 5GHz on air like some golden sample sandy bridges from 5 years ago.

I want to see a >5GHz stock CPU from Intel. Even if it's 'only' quad core and hyperthreading, it's enough of a speed boost to get me to upgrade. Overclocking from there is an extra bonus.

Will there be a screenshot that shows it at 7007.85 MHz? The one on your site shows it at 6837.42 MHz.

If you follow the links you will see the various records this CPU hit. It appears the only thing he did at 7007.85 MHz was GPU-Z Validation.

Lol @ 1.9vcore

That's lower than the voltage required for 7007.85 MHz.

7007.85 MHz (69 * 101.56 MHz)
1 Core - 1 Thread
2.064 vcore.

granted, but they were not just going for the OC record. They got the superpi 32m record, which wouldnt have been possible with more cores.

Not sure why that program is even being used for benching anymore. How many computers now days have single core CPUs?

Yeah, yeah, I get it.. it is for bragging rights for having the fastest per core x86 CPU that can hold that speed for under 5 minutes.

Really? I'd say the only valid results to me are ones where the chip is stable for 24 hours at a time. All that chasing high numbers that you can't even use for anything is pointless.

My real validation is 24/7 stability.

To add to me previous reply since editing posts is disabled for front page posts.. My 4930k is running with a quick 4.7Ghz overclock on air with everything enabled.

1-2 core overclocks are just lame IMHO. Maybe I should try it on my system just to see how high I could get on air.

Amazing how people tear apart what other people do when they cannot even do it themselves. The neckbeard must be strong in your parents basement...very strong.

and may i add able to run stable. that barely able to boot windows crap is useless anyway

Amazing how people tear apart what other people do when they cannot even do it themselves. The neckbeard must be strong in your parents basement...very strong.

Ha. Not really. I just think it is pointless unless that speed can be sustained 24/7.. or in other words.. useful.

A long time ago I used to see how stupidly fast I could run a processor and still have Windows boot. Forget any type of stability.

Then I realized it was a huge waste of time and stopped.

More power to the people who have fun doing this sort of thing.

I just think that making a huge deal out of it is silly, especially when a bunch of stuff is turned off on the CPU in order to reach those speeds.

I think the goal with these more than anything is motherboard capability. I think it shows off the motherboard more than anything. It takes a stable mobo to be able to do this, even just momentarily

And the whole thread disagrees with you. Maybe your in a basement, no?

Cannot and choose not to is not the same.

Back