Top First World Problems Include Not Having Wi-Fi Or 4G Service

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Here’s a list of what privileged people are whining about these days.

…problems to make it onto the list of 50 included issues with technology such as only having 3G signal rather than 4G, not having WiFi and recording clashes on the TV. Chipped nail polish and pulling a muscle from exercise also featured.

I like how it's first world problems and not just "problems". Cause that way it makes you feel guilty about complaining about them.

It's true though, it's crazy how people complain about the simplest things, yet there are people everywhere who just struggle to eat.

My first world problems include the incessant implication that I should feel guilty because I'm not an irrelevant person in an irrelevant country.

Well, if you subscribe to the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Theory this would make perfect sense ... the developing world tends to be stuck satisfying the basic bottom tier needs (psysiological and safety) ... the developing world folks get caught up in the next two (love/belonging and esteem) ... as Maslow noted, there are very few in developing or developed who make it to the highest level (self actualization)

Lists like that almost make me glad that I'm a persecuted minority even in Western countries :cool:

It's true though, it's crazy how people complain about the simplest things, yet there are people everywhere who just struggle to eat.

So you ask people about their gripes, and they are not people who struggle to eat, is it a big shocker that they don't say "one of my gripes is finding a meal for my family" ?

asked 2,000 adults in Britain to share their gripes and found that 30 million Britons experienced a first world problem every day.
See this is the big problem with polls/surveys, they asked 2000 and then extrapolated those results to all 30 million Brits, well I'm guessing people who are having a hard time getting by/might be hungry as all hell, probably don't have the time to answer polls about their gripes in life.

Not being British I didn't even understand some of these.

WTF?:confused:
Pits in a type of fruit.

I have no idea what "sellotape" is.
Common transparent tape, known as 'scotch tape' as well.

I don't understand. In the UK you pay someone else so you can carry your own stuff?

???
Businesses in the UK are no longer allowed to give away free bags for groceries, etc., but have to charge the customer for each bag. The idea is that this will make people bring their own bags instead of throwing out a couple of plastic bags a week per household.

Businesses in the UK are no longer allowed to give away free bags for groceries, etc., but have to charge the customer for each bag. The idea is that this will make people bring their own bags instead of throwing out a couple of plastic bags a week per household.

They keep trying this out here in the US, but so far it's mainly been in leftist cities.

Problem with bringing your own reusable bag, is that they tend to breed bacteria, and cities that have banned plastic bags have seen an increase in food poisoning.

Also many cities that have passed these laws have also seen a decrease in grocery sales, as people end up shopping at stores outside the city limit that provide the bags. That's why out here in California they are trying to force this state wide (difficult for most people to do their shopping in another state)
What is it about the left that can't leave people alone, but has to force "their" choices on everyone else?

They keep trying this out here in the US, but so far it's mainly been in leftist cities.

Problem with bringing your own reusable bag, is that they tend to breed bacteria, and cities that have banned plastic bags have seen an increase in food poisoning.

Also many cities that have passed these laws have also seen a decrease in grocery sales, as people end up shopping at stores outside the city limit that provide the bags. That's why out here in California they are trying to force this state wide (difficult for most people to do their shopping in another state)
What is it about the left that can't leave people alone, but has to force "their" choices on everyone else?

Not sure... There is no bags at Costco, Sam's, BJs... Maybe the ones I go to are more leftist?.

Surprised things like paying for kids college, how to handle medical emergency, and having uncertain financial security are not a common 1st world problem.

Looks like I'm out of touch with my fellow 1st world compatriots. Glad their shit is going great.

Not sure... There is no bags at Costco, Sam's, BJs... Maybe the ones I go to are more leftist?.

They tried it here is Dallas, it lasted about 6 months before it was repealed.

A private establishment deciding not to give you bags is absolutely fine. The government stepping in-between you and a private business and telling them they cannot "give" you something as part of their service is completely different.

Because it's fun to read all the posts of the tinfoil hat wearing conservatives make outlandish claims about why they should continue to do what they want.

Back