Final Fantasy XV Finally Coming Out This Year

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Did you know that FFXV was originally announced and began production way back in May 2006? For Square’s sake, I hope it doesn’t, you know, suck.

I vow to you all that every member in the team will do their best to the very last possible moment taking responsibility and pride in their craft. We will do everything we can do to finish FFXV to create an experience we are incredibly proud of and one that you will enjoy and treasure.

Well they are actively removing everything that was interesting about it and replacing it with generic final fantasy elements to make sure they won't offend any group of fans so it's near certain it will be average.

Well they are actively removing everything that was interesting about it and replacing it with generic final fantasy elements to make sure they won't offend any group of fans so it's near certain it will be average.

Well, this is an interesting interpretation. Wrong, but interesting.

Lets see modern era FF game with cars and guns and shit, check
Male protagonist with super fucked up hair style, check
Absolutely all FMV with no actual game play trailer, check

Yup, absolutely have no desire to play this.

I'm sure it'll be as much of a hit as Duke Nukem Forever.

Lets see modern era FF game with cars and guns and shit, check
Male protagonist with super fucked up hair style, check

Yup, absolutely have no desire to play this.

To be fair about the last point, the put out a fairly nice demo almost a year ago that perfectly shows off what to expect from a gameplay viewpoint. It seems quite a improvement in all regards over the 3 FFXIII games.

Why its wrong?

XV's development team has been actively resisting including elements of FF lore just for the sake of including them. They bent on including moogles, but they're going to barely be in the game and are just fan service.

They also haven't really removed anything. Well, OK, Stella Nox Fleur was removed and replaced with a lookalike, Lunafreya, but that's a result of the game becoming somewhat disassociated from the Fabula Nova Crystallis mini-series of Final Fantasy XIII and its spinoff Type-0. Even then, core elements of that original concept are still in the game.

I am a bit worried about the same old character design and rather stupid looking car for getting around. And of course another spiky hair male lead character that is surely filled with angst and emo thoughts because Final Fantasy.

Another game like Final Fantasy 9 would have been my hope.

To be fair about the last point, the put out a fairly nice demo almost a year ago that perfectly shows off what to expect from a gameplay viewpoint. It seems quite a improvement in all regards over the 3 FFXIII games.

Well XIII basically gets put into one of two categories for most people, "They think it's a fine game" or "they think it's horrible", not too many people call it a great game... I happen to be in the later group though, and that game is a horrible piece of shit that I stopped caring about about 20 hours in or so, strangely XII was similar in feel in that I had no desire to keep going in it.

Now can I point to what was different? No, but there is something about the story aspect, or perhaps the game play that just doesn't appeal to me. Comparing XIII to all the others though I will say I prefer Fight/Magic/Item/Defend as my options rather than synergize three attacks with another character and do more damage, and magic is something you use without any consequences like MP, etc...

Its good that it is out to make room for Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Everyone at square needs to jump on the hypetrain and get to work, and use your american programmers too :)

FMV = Full Motion Video (Not real-time, but pre-rendered). Those cut-scenes are real-time using the same engine as the game.

From a tech standpoint, looks awesome, I haven't had time to play a FF game since 9, but I will make time for this and grind through it.

Its good that it is out to make room for Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Everyone at square needs to jump on the hypetrain and get to work, and use your american programmers too :)

FF IX remake would be a better choice wouldn't need to spend countless resources remaking the game systems which are woefully outdated and really just terrible by today's standards.

I am a bit worried about the same old character design and rather stupid looking car for getting around. And of course another spiky hair male lead character that is surely filled with angst and emo thoughts because Final Fantasy.

Another game like Final Fantasy 9 would have been my hope.

Ugh I would hope not. FF9 is one of the very few FF I don't replay.

FFXV better design my chocobo run on organic gysahl greens that are responsibly sourced from third world Moogles.

Back