2016 Promises To Be A Huge Year For Gaming

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure how promising 2016 will be for gaming when this list only has six games on it, two of which are PS4 exclusives.

AFTER you finish all of the video games you received for Christmas, there is no need to fret because 2016 promises to bring another year of fantastic releases. To get you excited for the future, we have compiled a list of the six biggest games set for release next year.

I don't see what makes any of those games "landmark" releases, never mind the fact that a list of 6 games hardly promises anything for the coming year. I'm interested in seeing more from Horizon Zero Dawn, but I'd be more hyped if it was also coming to PC.

I have a number of KS titles that should go into beta at a minimum in 2016 (The Flame in the Flood, Torment Tides of Numenera, and maybe Underworld Ascendent or Bards Tale IV) ... Grim Dawn will finally go into full release and they can start on their expansion ... Doom they did mention ... we will see Fallout IV DLC hitting in Q1 ... 2016 will also be the launch of the VR headsets into normal availability finally (that could be an epic failure or the start of a new gaming paradigm) ... there actually is plenty to look forward to in 2016 ... Oh, and I am getting my first new gaming PC since 2007 (epic for me :D )

How does any 2016 awesome games list not include No Man's Sky? It, Doom, the new Hitman and the new Deus Ex games are the only games on my radar for 2016 and even Doom is starting to look pretty iffy for me. They really don't need to remake Quake III under a new name and that's what Doom is shaking out to be.

PC has been exploding for years now. Here's Q1 for starters:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/upcoming-pc-games

And this isn't counting all the stuff by smaller studios.

I'm really pumped for Dishonored 2. Far Cry Primal will be an eventual buy for me, too. Just need to finish up FC4. "We Happy Few" looks like a very interesting title just based on the description, but I'll have to see how the cookie crumbles with the reviews. "The Division" seems interesting, too.

Divinity 2 is an eventual buy, too, but I need to sit down with my friend and finish our little coop run. We kind of stopped playing randomly and left it hanging for like a year or something now. Just haven't gotten around to it.

I hope more ports like the Neptunia games make it over from the consoles, too. Some more visual novels would be nice, too.

I have DOOM, X-com2 and the new Deus-ex on my steam wishlist so far also keeping tabs on Seven and I might get uncharted 4 for my ps4

Star Citizen anyone? The most famous crowd funded anything of all time promises to release the single-player Squadron 42, if not the entire game, in 2016. It'll be bigger than anything on that list.

I have enough games to last me til 2020 atm. and 3 of those 6 are actually ps4 exclusives, 2.

I don't see what makes any of those games "landmark" releases, never mind the fact that a list of 6 games hardly promises anything for the coming year. I'm interested in seeing more from Horizon Zero Dawn, but I'd be more hyped if it was also coming to PC.

Yup, I don't do consoles so for me that leaves Hitman, (yuck), the Division (3rd Person shooter, probably yuck, and Doom, maybe but doubtful.

The first game listed, the chick killing robotic dinos, that looked like a possible, but now way in hell would I shell out hundreds for a console to play it. I did that once with Halo and the X-Box .... fool me once ..... :D

I only have time to play two to three big games a year so six would be fine for me.

I still have to play witcher 3, and just finishing up fo4.

Games I'll probably pick up next year: Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 3, and Doom. If FFV ends up getting great reviews, I may pick up a ps4 and play that.

every year is hyped up to be the greatest year ever...then games get delayed, or are buggy as hell or poor console ports etc...there are some great console exclusives coming out in 2016 (Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 for PS4 have my attention)...plus PC always has some big titles- Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, Dark Souls 3 etc

No Deus Ex or Mass Effect? Mirror's Edge or Dishonored 2? I'd say the first two are probably some of the biggest games of the year.

This is the first year since I've been gaming that I can honesty say nothing really interests me. I have s massive backlog of games that needs attention, yet I can't get myself to install them or even get past the first 5 minutes before I feel like I'm being lazy. I'm finishing up my senior year of engineering school, and playing games makes me feel guilty. I have an arduino, 3D printer, access to a laser cutter and 3D modeling software, so I feel like I HAVE to be doing something productive. The only game that even remotely excited for is HL3 which is a joke. IDK maybe this is a sign...

2015 was supposed to be one of the most exciting year, too.
Mortal Kombat X, Batman Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront...

...those were going to be my games of the year for 2015 :(

But, hey, Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 saved 2015, so I guess 2015 was a good year.

When only 6 games are listed and Doom is one of them, things are not looking good.

The next Mass Effect is also next year. So the article is right, it will be a big year for gaming .. they just left off quite a few important titles.

The next Mass Effect is also next year. So the article is right, it will be a big year for gaming .. they just left off quite a few important titles.

It's slated for holiday 2016 release which could push it into 2017. I hope they take their time and do it right. New engine and new story will need every development minute they can get.

Back