This Was The Year Tech Became The Bad Guy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Technology is the bad guy ? Amazon Prime is evil?

In 2015, we learned that the tech industry in many ways is a lot like Washington. As much as Silicon Valley likes to portray itself as a noble practitioner of well-intentioned entrepreneurship and innovation, that image itself is largely the product of spin. Tech, it turns out, is very much about image. It’s about power. And it’s about politics.

I think I'm more concerned about people that see any kind of large multinational corporation as "good guys" and are just now realizing that the world doesn't work that way.

Tech culture is about as terrible as any other industry. Full of shitty personalities and greedy scumbags who will do anything for a buck.That's life.

This is not new or "happening in 2015".

I don't have to like the company, just the product or service they offer ... if the company offers a good service at a good price I don't really care about their business practices (as long as they are not illegal)

Amazon Prime is good, because it provides a wanted service to the masses.

Silicon Valley Tech Elites have not been good for California.
They support left wing politicians, left wing causes, and NIMBY policies that keep increasing the cost of living.
$3.69 for a dozen eggs, highest gas prices in the nation, some of the highest electric prices in the country, Million $ track homes..... the list goes on and on.

Article was very weak what does having a website have to do with evil companies. Whay about terrorists using social media, tw mergers, data throttling etc lol.

Amazon Prime is good, because it provides a wanted service to the masses.

Silicon Valley Tech Elites have not been good for California.
They support left wing politicians, left wing causes, and NIMBY policies that keep increasing the cost of living.
$3.69 for a dozen eggs, highest gas prices in the nation, some of the highest electric prices in the country, Million $ track homes..... the list goes on and on.

Do you check under your bed every night for the leftist boogeyman?

No need to.
They are usually only found in rich elitist neighborhoods, universities, and the halls of big government institutions. I'm safe in my conservative working class neighborhood.

Article was very weak what does having a website have to do with evil companies. Whay about terrorists using social media, tw mergers, data throttling etc lol.

I also clicked to read the article expecting stuff about terrorism using tech to hide, and all the hack break-ins on info theft etc. But article basically says the same old stuff we already knew happened years ago.

Why should he have to? They're in the workplace, in the doctor's office, in his retirement, in any kid's education, in almost every bit of media he watches.

And leftist is no longer really accurate anymore. Conformist the the better description of where they've moved.

Tech just makes human nature work faster.

Back