Adobe Flash Player Had 316 Bugs In 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is exactly why we give Adobe so much crap about Flash. Seriously, three hundred and sixteen flaws found in one year? Yikes. :eek:

For the year, Flash averaged 6.1 bug fixes per week. Think of it as a bug fix every day, but taking Sundays off to rest. There was a flood of fixes at the end of the year. From mid-October on, Adobe fixed 113 bugs, roughly 1.5 per day. The final tally for 2015 is 316 Flash Player bugs. This, for software that is over 18 years old.

I haven't worked on a software project yet where the number of bugs resolved was higher or equal to the number of bugs logged. This is normal, even for old software.

This is exactly why we give Adobe so much crap about Flash. Seriously, three hundred and sixteen flaws found in one year? Yikes. :eek:

For the year, Flash averaged 6.1 bug fixes per week. Think of it as a bug fix every day, but taking Sundays off to rest. There was a flood of fixes at the end of the year. From mid-October on, Adobe fixed 113 bugs, roughly 1.5 per day. The final tally for 2015 is 316 Flash Player bugs. This, for software that is over 18 years old.

It's age is probably the reason it has so many bugs. Flash wasn't created with security in mind. And did users really need flash before Adobe bought it? I know I found the rise of flash websites annoying enough to avoid sites that had flash UIs

No.. It has 316 bugs that have probably been there from its creation that were finally fixed publically in 2015...

Today's Windows 10 update is all about, you guessed it, Adobe Flash.

Back