Twitter Has Updated Its Terms of Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter has updated its terms of service agreement today. As far as I can tell, the only thing I see different about the rules is the section on "hateful conduct."

Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.

They literally are saying that it is OK to promote violence as long as it is not based on "these categories". :D

I noticed the lack of "Political affiliation" in the list. Guess dems can continue to hate on gop women and minorities.

I noticed the lack of "Political affiliation" in the list. Guess dems can continue to hate on gop women and minorities.

I see what you did there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

According to some research, the projection of one's negative qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.

Hateful (common sense of decency) conduct: You may not promote violence (cognizant resistance) against or directly attack (hurt someones feelings) or threaten other people (step on entrenched stakeholders toes) on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm (exposing two-faced frauds) towards others on the basis of these categories.

Well you are either ignorant or dangerously naive. That definition perfectly described the left which survives on its own hypocrisy. Nothing in the states compares to the mistreatment of conservative minorities and women in the states. The left floods them with death threats, rape threats, and generally tries to make their lives a living hell just because they are viewed as fair game. The same treatment of anyone on the left would have 24/7 coverage, riots, ect. The double standard is obvious to everyone, but again, the left lives for the hypocrisy of its positions.

Soon you won't be allowed to criticize the government either. Lot's of ISPs dropped Usenet and said it was too costly but I am betting the real reason is because they can't control freedom of speech there like they can on the web. Fuck them all...and Microsoft too.

Well you are either ignorant or dangerously naive. That definition perfectly described the left which survives on its own hypocrisy. Nothing in the states compares to the mistreatment of conservative minorities and women in the states. The left floods them with death threats, rape threats, and generally tries to make their lives a living hell just because they are viewed as fair game. The same treatment of anyone on the left would have 24/7 coverage, riots, ect. The double standard is obvious to everyone, but again, the left lives for the hypocrisy of its positions.

What is a conservative minority? The Westboro Baptist Church?

What is a conservative minority woman? Kim Davis?

Remember that disagreement with "progressive" opinions is now considered harassment these days. If you don't have the "right" opinions you can be bullied off of Twitter now. "Free speech for me, but not for thee" and all that jazz.

Back