Ford Patents The Batcycle Back Tire

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know what else to call this thing. Remember when Batman crashed the Tumbler and, just before it self destructed, the batcycle popped out of the side? More or less, that's what Ford has just patented. :cool:

Last edited:
They don't even include a spare tire in some of their newer cars, yet they are going to include a motorized unicycle?
I think they have their priorities mixed up.

That looks like they are taking a fully electric car that has wheels that can also be used by one of these:
MG_0143-Edit_SMALL-640x425.jpg

http://www.rynomotors.com/

This is why our patent system is screwed up. You don't even need a prototype or working model. Anyone, with an idea or concept and some drafting skills, can patent pretty much ANYTHING. Hell, I'm surprised someone hasn't already patented a geomagnetic levitation spacecraft and a particle teleportation device.

This is why our patent system is screwed up. You don't even need a prototype or working model. Anyone, with an idea or concept and some drafting skills, can patent pretty much ANYTHING. Hell, I'm surprised someone hasn't already patented a geomagnetic levitation spacecraft and a particle teleportation device.
When a prototype costs $2 million or works to enhance a $10 million dollar machine, you just shrunk the pool of inventors to 2 or 3 organizations, if that, and just crushed innovation.

When a prototype costs $2 million or works to enhance a $10 million dollar machine, you just shrunk the pool of inventors to 2 or 3 organizations, if that, and just crushed innovation.

No offense to your opinion, but I'd say that unless you have a working prototype you haven't "invented" anything. Anyone can have a pie-in-the-sky notion, but it takes a lot of effort to actually make one of those notions a reality. I believe than idea ownership should go to the person who makes something actually work, not someone who has an idea about how something might work.

Looks like Ford is admitting that their cars have low reliability. When they breakdown, you can use the tire for a unicycle.

Looks like Ford is admitting that their cars have low reliability. When they breakdown, you can use the tire for a unicycle.

HAHAHAHAHHA

And seriously, they don't include a spare now with their new cars? That seems odd, unless they are all run flats.

Back