Merry Model X-mas From Tesla

That demo is scary as hell. If the cars have that kind of control over network to the systems, a hacker can do basically whatever he wants with your car while you're driving in it.

I hope those weren't production models.

That demo is scary as hell. If the cars have that kind of control over network to the systems, a hacker can do basically whatever he wants with your car while you're driving in it.

I hope those weren't production models.

They are production but have all the warnings, beta alerts, and idiot clauses. People will do it because its cool. Still safer then the dumbest 10% with a drivers liscense but there are no iq real tests to get one... 1000 fails and a pass is a pass

Point is this a .5 on the fear omg using the ol outrage meter. Plus if youre worries about hackers. . http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/24/watch-how-hackers-can-take-control-of-your-car/

The cars are still incredibuly expensive so even with a death switch the majority driving 100k cars are going to be more conservative than the $400 craigslist special with no insurance.

Lots of 100k+ cars out there but my close calls are from beaters not giving a shit or blind blue hairs dancing with death.

I drive a vintage Mercedes that has no wireless functionality... And I think I'm going to stick to it until gas prices force me to retire the V8.

Still waiting on the affordable model 3.....

Same. Unless you got a state tax incentive (most are gone) 7500 isnt going to drop a model s to my price. Plus it hurts my soul taking the depreciation hit at full rip. Theyre still exclusive enough, ala cartman/apple marketing. I dont think theyve reached tier 1 economies of scale but slowly they are getting there. So until then we get some really cool inovative efforts that are not catered to the mass market. Im okay with that. But i really want a 30-40k tesla before gas creeps back to $5.

Back