Red Hot Nickel Ball Versus Tinsel

Yep... those fumes definitely looks like death to me. Wonder how it smells.

If the tinsel is Mylar plastic, it would smell a bit nasty. Might be toxic over time.

Ah, nothing like the smell of halogens (chlorine, fluorine, bromine, iodine etc.) to get you up and going in the morning. (that is going far far away, and quickly too)

I wonder if the hot cocoa is good to go though? Reaction between nickel and mostly water, maybe its just a warm drink at that point.

So that's how the Germans did it. They made everyone feel festive, got 'em singing a few carols, and boom, throw a red hot nickel ball into the room. Nobody saw it coming.

He was a chicken, he could have at least picked it up by bare hands.

Sighs, do i really need to explain this?

It is simple, you want it to not combust, and yes turning into a gas actually also helps denying oxygen around it. The option is for it to just start combusting, spread fire everywhere and end up way worse.

Every last one that went "The smoke is that which kills you, hurr de hurr" missed the point so much that it isn't even funny, electrical shorts and the like are the usual fire starters, the ammount of smoke produced by this tinsel while not combusting and thus not letting the fire propagate would be relatively tiny.

Back