Upgrading my case, please help me!!

rxteenager

Gawd
So my current case is a first gen antec 300 which i bought like 6 years ago. I'm in the market for a new case and jesus christ i've been reading reviews and doing research and it's just becoming overwhelming for me. I'm hoping someone will take pity on my and give me a hand. I'm looking for something with dust filters all around, removeable hdd cages, no leds(optional), a window is also optional. I would prefer a minimalist look instead of something like the CM HAF cases. I was looking at the corsair500r, but there's just so many damn options and I can't decide. My budge is 115dlls max with shipping.

There will be a ton of good cases recommended in here most likely. I would honestly suggest you check out the Silverstone cases with the 90 degree rotated motherboard and positive pressure. I went with the Raven case and honestly, it is the best case I have ever had for staying clean. I clean the filters about once a month, but I have never had to clean out the inside of the case, even after 4 years of constant use. I just added a new SSD and video card recently, prompting me to open the case and route some cables and such, and it is still clean on the inside. They are expensive and very very large, but nothing I have tried compares. I just wish they made the same case I have now in a mini form factor for a mini build, (getting the itch to update to a smaller form factor and newer CPU/MB).

As the owner of a 450D I will tell you go get the Enthoo Pro M, the 450D is a good case, but you will be happier with the Pro M.

If you're willing to get a refurb, NZXT has a deal for $15 off right now (code is SNOW1223) on any refurb item, so that'd bring the H440 in to that range. (Just linked the white, but there are lots of other color options).

Looks like their site is having some issues right now, though... I've tried adding several things to cart and they get auto-removed before I can check out stating they're out of stock. Odd.

There will be a ton of good cases recommended in here most likely. I would honestly suggest you check out the Silverstone cases with the 90 degree rotated motherboard and positive pressure. I went with the Raven case and honestly, it is the best case I have ever had for staying clean. I clean the filters about once a month, but I have never had to clean out the inside of the case, even after 4 years of constant use. I just added a new SSD and video card recently, prompting me to open the case and route some cables and such, and it is still clean on the inside. They are expensive and very very large, but nothing I have tried compares. I just wish they made the same case I have now in a mini form factor for a mini build, (getting the itch to update to a smaller form factor and newer CPU/MB).

I use a Silverstone Raven 3 myself. I will never go back to a non-rotated motherboard design again. Case temps are great with the vertical airflow and heavy video cards don't sag.

Fairly sure the Silverstone cases are well outside his price range, though. I guess the RV05 just barely fits.

depending on how many 3.5" drives you have, this one only supports 2, this is a nice case,
Carbide Air 540
carbide-air-540-case01.jpg

Find a used 800D. Huge case for future upgrades, dust filters, only a single power led in the front and a window on the side. Otherwise its pretty minimalist. Just black.. and black..

Can usually find one for $100.

Edit! Also has 4 removable 3.5" drive bays.

Have a look at the Fractal Define R5 Blackout edition. It comes in both windowed and non-windowed versions. Unfortunately it is just out of your price range ($125 shipped for the non-windowed version but I have seen it on sale for less than $115 shipped in the past) but if you don't need the windowed version and don't mind the white accents, the non-windowed regular black version is on sale for $90 w/free shipping on Newegg right now. Also if you don't want LEDs on any case you could just not plug them in and they won't light up.

+1 for Phanteks Enthoo Pri M.. awesome cases! I have the larger Enthoo Luxe and it us the best case I've ever built in, just really heavy lol. It also comes with some of the best fans on the market pre installed.

Back