Microsoft Is Developing A Minority Report App?

HardOCP News

[H] News
If this video is to be believed, Microsoft is developing a program that can predict which inmates will end up back in jail with a 91% accuracy rate. The video is about an hour long with the pre-crime stuff starting at the 35 minute mark.

This is step one, the next step is to estimate what rehabilitation might be likely to change the likelihood of them re-offending.

With a recidivism rate of roughly 75%, I'm not sure they did anything that impressive by telling you who they would be with 91% accuracy. The real question is how accurate they were at determining who would get out and not come back.

Windows 10 data mining at use...

You think this a Windows 10 thing? LMAO... I got bad news for you. You posting on this site is enough info for them to start profile building an extensive profile on you.

You think this a Windows 10 thing? LMAO... I got bad news for you. You posting on this site is enough info for them to start profile building an extensive profile on you.

Yup. Profiles for each and everyone of us is easy to create that would give us a pretty good personality outline. And this is just with the stuff we volunteer to put out there, that isn't even starting with the stuff in the background we didn't know.

With a recidivism rate of roughly 75%, I'm not sure they did anything that impressive by telling you who they would be with 91% accuracy. The real question is how accurate they were at determining who would get out and not come back.

What I was thinking. statistic is a funny thing and easily misleading if you dont know what really got measured and how.

Without any computers or tools i can get a roughtly 75% correctness by just saying. "They are going back" to everyone....

life cycle of a criminal.

step one they break some crime and get a warning.

step two they do some drugs or break a major law and get busted.

step three they find out when they get out they are a felon.

step four they try to find a job.

step five they fail to find a decent paying job as no one will hire a felon.

step six they break a law to go back to prison where someone takes care of them, or they get caught doing what makes money that they can do and go back to prison.

step seven repeat step four through six every time they get out.

poor saps. some days I think it would be kinder to either kill them or not take away their rights.

I don't think inmates have access to Windows 10. The research was probably conducted before it even launched.

Which totally makes it worse since Microsoft was all like advertising how they weren't perving over end user data like a couple of years ago with TV ads and stuff so they were actually perving and it was just with inmates and not actual people across the planet until the Windows 10 rollout.

Back