ASUS STRIX R9 380X DirectCU II OC Overclocking Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS STRIX R9 380X DirectCU II OC Overclocking Review - We take the new ASUS STRIX R9 380X DirectCU II OC based on AMD's new Radeon R9 380X GPU and overclock this video card to its highest potential. We'll compare performance in six games, including Fallout 4, to a highly overclocked ASUS GeForce GTX 960 4GB video card and find out who dominates 1440p gaming.

Nice card in every area--imagine what AMD would have given to have this part when the architecture was still relatively new!

As the article says, nice to see cool, quiet, performance-boosting OC from an AMD GPU again.

I would have loved to see the figures for a 280x/7970ghz for a comparison to these cards. Still hanging on to my 280x for another year, but should I?

I would have loved to see the figures for a 280x/7970ghz for a comparison to these cards. Still hanging on to my 280x for another year, but should I?

They're the same speed at 1440p and below:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/R9_380X_Strix/23.html

I don't see why the performance of this card should affect whether you should hang on to your 280x. You know the fully-unlocked core was exactly the same, with some added memory compression to make up for the slimmer bus.

Certainly looks like AMD has a winner in this segment, unless you're overly concerned with power usage.

Back