Battleborn Available For Pre-Purchase

HardOCP News

[H] News
In case you didn't know it, you can now pre-purchase Battleborn on Steam. The game doesn't ship until May 2016 but Gearbox is promising goodies to those of you that plop down your money today.

Battleborn is now available for pre-purchase on Steam! Customers who pre-order Battleborn will receive 5 Gold Skins and a title with the 'Firstborn Pack'. The character skins are for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

Sorry, I only spend money on something tangible, not imaginary. (If the game was actually out, that would be tangible.)

$60 for that game? No. Hell no. It's a F2P at best in the same vein that Warframe is and that's a damn good game for F2P

$60 for that game? No. Hell no. It's a F2P at best in the same vein that Warframe is and that's a damn good game for F2P

That looks nothing like Warframe..also warframe is terrible.

Back OT.

Not gonna pre-order, I really only pre-order a very few specific games at this point. Far too much money spent on half finished rushed releases. It looks interesting, though I am a bit sick of this "World of warcraft" art style. I'll try it once it releases, not really going to get hyped for it. Unfortunately the FPS genre has really been abysmal since they started focusing on trying to make them pseudo RPG's with levels, unlocks and god awful achievement systems.

That looks nothing like Warframe..also warframe is terrible.

Back OT.

Not gonna pre-order, I really only pre-order a very few specific games at this point. Far too much money spent on half finished rushed releases. It looks interesting, though I am a bit sick of this "World of warcraft" art style. I'll try it once it releases, not really going to get hyped for it. Unfortunately the FPS genre has really been abysmal since they started focusing on trying to make them pseudo RPG's with levels, unlocks and god awful achievement systems.

This isn't the Blizzard/WoW artstyle, this is the Borderlands Cell Shading that Gearbox loves to use in all their games. Blizzard is making one that is very much cartoony/WoW style

This is the same type of online F2P shooter that Warframe is based on. Same concepts and principles yet Warframe doesn't charge you up front they make it all up with the addons.

Replace Warframe with an F2P FPS (Planetside2, Hawken, Mechwarrior, War of Tanks/Planes/Automobiles) and you have the same model.

been burned by EA too many times to ever pre order anything anymore

I like the game a lot, but even with a 25% off coupon from GMG I'm not pre-ordering. Too much up in the air and too far from release.

The name "battleborn" is absolutely terrible. It just screams, "Hey, I'm a dumb idea that's been subjected to millions of years of heat and pressure that's concentrated a silt of poor thought into an enduring rock of stupid." I can't help but shake my head when I think the word to myself. People are born in hospitals usually. A dirty field populated by the moaning, bleeding wounded that's covered in dirty filth is just as liable to give a newborn an infection as it is to give some random silly person that got dragged out there to fight a bad case of gangrene and nevermind the lack of decent medical care available at the time.

2ae9a6d68a2c4320_large.jpg

It's hard to keep track of all these 'hero-based arena/moba-style shooter' games. With so many players trying to enter this genre, I can't help but feel more than a few are going to fail. It's like the old RTS craze all over again.

I really like Battleborn for the Borderlands type humor in it. It's a fun game, I do think it's a $35 buy

It's like they put Team Fortress 2 and Wildstar in a paint can, shook it up and what comes out? Money money money

giphy.gif

The name "battleborn" is absolutely terrible. It just screams, "Hey, I'm a dumb idea that's been subjected to millions of years of heat and pressure that's concentrated a silt of poor thought into an enduring rock of stupid." I can't help but shake my head when I think the word to myself. People are born in hospitals usually. A dirty field populated by the moaning, bleeding wounded that's covered in dirty filth is just as liable to give a newborn an infection as it is to give some random silly person that got dragged out there to fight a bad case of gangrene and nevermind the lack of decent medical care available at the time.

That escalated quickly.

Conan was born in battle, and Conan would become King.

That escalated quickly.

It's the reason I have him blocked. Front page news threads are so much better without him :D

I love Borderlands, so this is definitely on my radar. But I like my Borderlands single-player most of the time, so this will not be a day-one purchase for me. Might pick it up later in the year for 20-30 bucks though, after the reviews and the patches.

It's the reason I have him blocked. Front page news threads are so much better without him :D

I love Borderlands, so this is definitely on my radar. But I like my Borderlands single-player most of the time, so this will not be a day-one purchase for me. Might pick it up later in the year for 20-30 bucks though, after the reviews and the patches.

Ditto. While I won't get into too much into details about the preview incase someone somewhere gets fussy, I just thought the COOP-side was Ok-ish.

Considering GBX's love of having folk play the exact same game over & over & over & over for rank/BAR/Whatever-you-wanna-call-it-at-the-moment, I'll wait to see if it has a decent story tacked on or if it'll be half-assed w/ fake replay-ability addded on for unlocks.

I got more than my fair share of this game during the demo... I'd maybe drop $20 on it.

Back