Tech Breakthroughs Are Giving Animals the Power to Speak

HardOCP News

[H] News
Relax, technology is not going to give your dog the ability to have conversations with you. But, what technology can do, is allow researchers to develop interfaces that give animals the ability to communicate certain things to humans.

Unless they’re sporting a wearable computer that helps dogs communicate with humans. Melody Jackson, a computer scientist at Georgia Tech, has been outfitting service dogs with computerized vests, so that in an emergency they can find another human and pull a mechanical lever on the vest that triggers an audio message: My handler needs you to come with me!

Not sure if I'd ever want to know what cats have to say. I assume it would be something nasty and humiliating.

Not sure if I'd ever want to know what cats have to say. I assume it would be something nasty and humiliating.

Kind of like when dogs lick & smell each others buttholes, yeah. I wouldn't want that either.

me: why you being a bitch?
dog: fuck you, hotdog! hotdog! hotdog! hotdog! hotdog! NOW! hotdog!
me: hotdogs are bad for you.
dog: hotdog!? where!? hotdog! hotdog! hotdog! hotdog!

Dog: Walk? Walk? Food? Walk? whats that smell whats that noise walk?
Human: What do you think the meaning of life is?
Dog: Walk? Walk? Food? Walk? whats that smell whats that noise walk?

I would think every conversation with a dog would be about cuddle time, wanting food, or wanting a walk.

fBTLL.jpg

Back