The Kickstarter Fulfillment Report

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the latest Kickstarter Fulfillment Report, 9% of all projects fail to deliver rewards, failure rates are consistent across all categories, projects raising less than a thousand dollars fail the most and not all failures are considered bad.

The core question behind the professor’s research was whether a creator delivered rewards as promised — not whether the creative work was actually made. For example, if a creator successfully finished a film funded through Kickstarter but backers didn’t get a copy of their DVD, the project was counted as “failed.”
  • 9% of Kickstarter projects failed to deliver rewards
  • 8% of dollars pledged went to failed projects
  • 7% of backers failed to receive their chosen reward
  • 65% of backers agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that “the reward was delivered on time”

That's pretty impressive actually, all things considered. I honestly expected the numbers to be higher for failure rates. I'd be interested in general investment opportunities failure rates, even though it would be hard to compare.

That's pretty impressive actually, all things considered. I honestly expected the numbers to be higher for failure rates. I'd be interested in general investment opportunities failure rates, even though it would be hard to compare.
If you are careful with what you back, you will get what you pay for. Or at least I have. I haven't had a project fail on me yet. They have almost all been late, but I have gotten everything.

Once of my buddies just received an iPhone 5 case he backed a few years ago. And the case was terribly made, didn't fit well, and offered close to zero protection. But hey at least they delivered it :p

If you are careful with what you back, you will get what you pay for. Or at least I have. I haven't had a project fail on me yet. They have almost all been late, but I have gotten everything.

That's been my experience. A couple of shockingly prompt ones. Most have issues with shipping logistics, and reasonable delays equivalent to traditional product launches for their market.

Back