FSP Hydro G 750W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
FSP Hydro G 750W Power Supply Review - FSP has been a bit more pronounced on our PSU radar lately. Today we have its Hydro G 750 watt unit. From what we can tell by taking it apart, there is no water inside. It does however boast full wattage at 50c ambient temperatures, "server grade circuit," and an "advanced thermal layout design." Let's see how it fares our gauntlet.

I both love and respect this review. :)

Keep up the good work on the PSU reviews, they are gold when buying a new one.

x2 to above

The power supply reviews are among the best in the industry, and keep me coming back. In regards to the review itself, this might be on my short list of PSUs I will heartily recommend to people.

love these reviews......

that said......only PSU I ever owned that caught fire was a FSP.:eek::eek::D
(to be fair, it was a bargain 350W bland grey OEM type unit)

It showed up, it did its job, it did its job well, and then it went home.
FSP would think: I came, i saw, i conquered! ;)

In all seriousness though, one of my 4 card 290 mining rigs had a Aurum 1200w Gold unit, and it performed quite well. No downtime with that rig due to PSU issues and it one of my first mining rigs to start out.

As also expressed by others, keep up the excellent detail in these PSU reviews. Just like the case reviews, i appreciate the the rigorousness and thoroughness of the testing process. This is true value in my book.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good PSU and price is pretty good also..thanks for the review!

I was hoping it would be watercooled like some older Koolance PSUs...

It would be nice to have a compact PSU with no fan that would be attached to a watercooling system. Would help save space in a SFF watercooled rig.

Agreed using the word "Hydro" in the name means its must be designed for wc rigs lol..or maybe it run with water spilled in it:)

Back