WD: Daily Sacrifice Of "Priceless" Selfies Is A #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEM

HardOCP News

[H] News
A recent consumer study commissioned by Western Digital Corp. ( and conducted by research firm Vanson Bourne found that having to choose which photo or video to delete to free up storage space, and then regretting doing so, is a bona fide #firstworldproblem. The study, from a survey of 5,000 consumers across the UK, France, Germany and the United States, analyzes how people create, consume, share and store digital content. Key findings include:

• Over 76 percent of respondents aged 16 to 24 delete content to make space…and then regret it
  • The era of digital media has arrived, and the end of the CD is near
  • Streaming of feature films or TV shows is not taking over from digital ownership today
  • One in four say their digital content is 'priceless', while the rest place the average value at approximately $5,500 USD

Wow, go Western Digital for having like a fail-cakes by looking stupid using those little # sign things. There's like basically only a few people on the planet who can identify with their use and they're sort of the bottom of the human barrel. I get the point they're trying to make, but WD, please use spaces between words and get rid of the tic-tac-toe symbol. No one thinks the company is trendy or cool for using it. It just comes off as stupid marketing people who are trying to fit into modern culture and makes us gag in disgust.

I hate this "first world problem" bullshit.

Any time I get a screwed up coffee at Starbucks I risk facing "first world problem!" from someone.

Next time someone says that to me I am going to tell them, "How would you like a world of FIST problems?"

Yeah yeah yeah, here come the fist jokes from all you sick bastards.

Problem?
When I run short on storage I just go out and buy a larger drive or micro SD card :)

If I delete a picture it's because it didn't come out, or I took 12 pictures of the same thing, and decide to just keep the best 2 or 3.

Of course I know people (with iPhones) that don't know how to backup or move pictures somewhere else to save them, so they have to go through and delete pictures to make room for new ones. That's one of the reasons I'll only buy an android phone with an SD card, if I need more space, I just buy a larger card.

Thou shalt have first world problems no longer with Google Photos.®

When storage space runs out, just buy a new drive or a bigger drive!

Off load it to the NAS or the cloud. This isn't 1999 anymore, storage is now cheap and plentiful.

Thou shalt have first world problems no longer with Google Photos.®

Yeah and Google needs that data for mining facial recognition anyhow so it can sell ads for baldness or offer something to help you sleep better since your eyes are looking a little red so please upload away so Google can correlate more information more accurately about you.

Back