Google Responds To Student Data Privacy Breach Allegations

HardOCP News

[H] News
We wouldn't be having this conversation at all if Google, or any other company for that matter, couldn't collect data on students in the first place.

On December 1st, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) published a complaint regarding Google Apps for Education (GAFE) and other products and services especially Chrome Sync. While we appreciate the EFF’s focus on student data privacy, we are confident that our tools comply with both the law and our promises, including the Student Privacy Pledge, which we signed earlier this year. The co-authors of the Student Privacy Pledge, The Future of Privacy Forum and The Software and Information Industry Association have both criticized EFF's interpretation of the Pledge and their complaint.

I don't expect a hardware site to know much about google for education. Well, besides what FUD Steve enjoys regurgitating from other sites.

I suggest the rest to keep the pitchforks down for now.

I don't expect a hardware site to know much about google for education. Well, besides what FUD Steve enjoys regurgitating from other sites.

I suggest the rest to keep the pitchforks down for now.
Apparently I missed the pitchforks. I missed the FUD regurgitation. All that I saw was a quote and link from Google (Google's Google for Education blog on Google Blogspot). Sure, there was Steve's commentary, but it didn't seem to be aimed at Google.

I'm hoping I am just being oblivious to the clear sarcasm that I am obviously inept at detecting here.

Back