Microsoft Employees Caroling Outside Apple's 5th Ave Store

I'd be calling in the Hell's Angels security team that did the Stones concert back in the day.

Meh. It's not like Apple didn't know, the "Apple Employees" reactions looked pretty staged. It's a commercial for Microsoft.

Still dumb. Makes them look like a bunch of attention whoring twats. I don't know what they were going for.

If apple did it the world would stop and praise them for how great they are!

Just like windows 10 FAIL!!!

Your installation borked or something? My upgrade from 8 was smooth, as soon as I replaced the start menu with classic shell I was happy as a clam.

Win 10 is pretty damn slick, and it was free. Why you so mad?

They all send each other cakes or whatever when they release a new browser. Competing companies are pretty civil at times, even going as far as having a baseball tournament.

Attention whoring? Sure. But, it doesn't look to be trolling. Just a friendly get together.

Like WW1 and Christmas football game between the English & the Germans.

Meh. It's not like Apple didn't know, the "Apple Employees" reactions looked pretty staged. It's a commercial for Microsoft.

It is staged, but they're not Apple employees. The Apple logo on the shirts is backwards. It was the first work day after the Paris bombings, and i take it as a commentary on that more than anything else. Sure it's a MS commercial, but it's not really a commercial for anything made by MS.

Your installation borked or something? My upgrade from 8 was smooth, as soon as I replaced the start menu with classic shell I was happy as a clam.

Win 10 is pretty damn slick, and it was free. Why you so mad?

He's probably still on Windows XP.

It is staged, but they're not Apple employees. The Apple logo on the shirts is backwards. It was the first work day after the Paris bombings, and i take it as a commentary on that more than anything else. Sure it's a MS commercial, but it's not really a commercial for anything made by MS.

I wish it looked less fake or better wasn't fake. I agree with the message though.

Looks cool to me. Amazing how some folks could hate on Microsoft even if they were to give them a million dollars. :D

Looks cool to me. Amazing how some folks could hate on Microsoft even if they were to give them a million dollars. :D

Nah. They just gave us Windows 8 and Windows 10. That's more than reason enough.

;)

How not? The stores are owned and operated by MS... Just because they are retail people, doesn't make them any less an MS employee.

Yeah, that was an odd comment. They're Microsoft employees just like Apple Store associates are Apple employees. Sure, not the most glamorous job but retail stores are pretty important for customer service. There's a Microsoft Store near me and one reason I'm into the Surface line is because the service. If I have a problem I can just drive over to the store, swap out a device, and be done with the whole process in 2 hours including the drive back and forth. The only thing better would be onsite service with turn around onsite.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought the apple bite was on the wrong side. I was wrong. Whether they're Apple employees or not, my wrongness likely means that Apple's bigwigs said (at a minimum) that it's OK to use actors wearing our shirts in front of our store and that's pretty cool, IMO.

Thanks Walwalka.

Yeah, that was an odd comment. They're Microsoft employees just like Apple Store associates are Apple employees. Sure, not the most glamorous job but retail stores are pretty important for customer service. There's a Microsoft Store near me and one reason I'm into the Surface line is because the service. If I have a problem I can just drive over to the store, swap out a device, and be done with the whole process in 2 hours including the drive back and forth. The only thing better would be onsite service with turn around onsite.

Exactly, the support there is great.

My fiance went into the store near us to get my Xbox one for my for Christmas last year and they got her everything I needed without a problem. Didn't over sell her on crap like Best Buy usually does. Even price matched a deal target was doing for her. I was happy over all.

Back