NVIDIA GeForce 359.06 WHQL Game Ready Driver

They just added SLI support for FO4, so I'm sure it'll be added in for JC3 soon. Just have to be a bit patient.

Usually when NVIDIA forces SLI to single card for a game it means that SLI support will never happen. If SLI is a possibility there will be no profile added at all in the drivers. I can't think of a time that the contrary has been true, but would love to be proven wrong.

I agree with Dayaks. I used to love SLI back a few generations when it seemed like every game was getting driver support. These days it seems every new AAA release has a smaller and smaller possibility of getting multi GPU support. Not to mention NVIDIA's silence on the lack of MFAA with SLI or the use of both G-Sync and DSR with SLI. I've gone with a single Titan X because of this and haven't looked back.

I wonder if they fixed the driver TDRs in SWTOR... Judging by the release notes I doubt it.

haha not if you play JC3 or FO4 you aren't! :p
Except if you read the release notes you will see that a SLI profile was added for FO4. Kyle in the main FO4 thread has already said his framerate doubled in the game at 4k with the new drivers using a pair of Titan X.

Oh I have read in multiple places that the SLI fix did not fix fps in FO4. Good to know that it did.

is this the last driver release that won't be tied into GeForce Experience?

Every time I stare at my 4K 40", I'm glad I have 2 980tis. :D

Bleh, 4k. I went 3440x1440 because I think the extra width is more immersive than more PPI.

Right now I'd rather higher Hz than PPI. When I buy again it's likely going to be 3440x1440 144Hz (or greater than 60) curved. I find 21:9 much more immersive than 16:9. Half way to surround without the bezels. :) Also 3440x1440 21:9 is only 5MP vs 4k 8MP (vs 1080p 2MP) so one card can run 60Hz well.

Bleh, 4k. I went 3440x1440 because I think the extra width is more immersive than more PPI.

A 40 inch curved display is wider than a 34 inch 3440x1440? I'd argue the curve and extra width is more immersive.

A 40 inch curved display is wider than a 34 inch 3440x1440? I'd argue the curve and extra width is more immersive.
I used to be an obsessed 4K 16:9 fan until the curved UWQHD 3440x1440 panels came out. They make way more sense for computer use for nearly all cases. Gaming, productivity, movies, etc... compliments human peripheral vision best.

I used to be an obsessed 4K 16:9 fan until the curved UWQHD 3440x1440 panels came out. They make way more sense for computer use for nearly all cases. Gaming, productivity, movies, etc... compliments human peripheral vision best.

Except when you run into games by companies like Bethesda that only develop for consoles now and will not support 21:9 resolutions.

If nvidia doesn't have an sli profile available, more often than not they require cooperation from the game dev to make it happen.

FO4 still needs a patch from Bethesda apparently.

If nvidia doesn't have an sli profile available, more often than not they require cooperation from the game dev to make it happen.

FO4 still needs a patch from Bethesda apparently.
Yeah, I think you need the beta patch that is available through Steam. The beta patch apparently breaks mods requiring .esm or .esp files, though.

It was supposed to be the first that required GFE.

they said sometime in December so I'm glad this driver is not the one as it sounds pretty good...or maybe Nvidia changed their minds about forcing people to install GFE (wishful thinking)

Not to mention NVIDIA's silence on the lack of MFAA with SLI or the use of both G-Sync and DSR with SLI. I've gone with a single Titan X because of this and haven't looked back.

This is pretty much exactly my sentiment, though I have other issues with MSI's 970 that is unrelated to 970 itself, since none of the other 970's have them.

This 970 SLI trip is a revelation journey for me, and I can see why people avoid SLI like the plague. I will no longer be using SLI, and probably will only ever get the penultimate flagship card from this point on.

I love the fps/performance/extra eye candy that sli allows. Yes it sucks when there is no profile for a new game but that comes with the territory unfortunately. I've found these days if there is no sli profile at launch or soon after its because the devs of said engine/game didn't code for it. That is out of Nvidia's control. What do you suppose they do guys? How is that their fault?

Back