App Lets You See Radio Waves Around You

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
This is only available on iOS for now so I haven't seen it for myself yet, but it seems to do what it advertises. The app isn't free, but you can just check out the video.

The Architecture of Radio is a site-specific iPad application that visualizes this network of networks by reversing the ambient nature of the infosphere; hiding the visible while revealing the invisible technological landscape we interact with through our devices.

Can't really believe that this gives an accurate representation of the WiFi signals in their environment. I can see it being able to pinpoint the router's location and create a graphic bubble around that router after getting measurements from a couple different locations but I highly doubt it's able to accurately map the signals as they bounce around, off of, and through objects. If it is able to do this with a moderate degree of accuracy, I'll be harping my boss to buy an iPad just for this.

^^ what he said. I have a feeling this is simply "extrapolating" the signals based on the perceived direction of various radio sources.

On the fence on this one, don't feel like spending the cash on it but I am curious and will follow it.

As a kid I always thought it would be interesting if we could "see" radio waves and that they must be all around us--never could have imagined how things would progress to the modern world and the number of radio sources must have increased by many magnitudes.

Can't really believe that this gives an accurate representation of the WiFi signals in their environment. I can see it being able to pinpoint the router's location and create a graphic bubble around that router after getting measurements from a couple different locations but I highly doubt it's able to accurately map the signals as they bounce around, off of, and through objects. If it is able to do this with a moderate degree of accuracy, I'll be harping my boss to buy an iPad just for this.

It doesn't, it uses your location and shows you what the cell tower and wifi signal could look like.

Of course it doesn't see actual radio waves. If you could see actual radio waves you would see the alien space ships that are hiding in the clouds. They can deflect visible light, but RF is problematic.

video-undefined-1F84D98C00000578-885_636x358.jpg

Of course it doesn't see actual radio waves. If you could see actual radio waves you would see the alien space ships that are hiding in the clouds. They can deflect visible light, but RF is problematic.

video-undefined-1F84D98C00000578-885_636x358.jpg

Cheech & Chong's Still Smokin' film proved the existence of ETs, which stands for Extra Testicle.

8hCOOOl.jpg

I could have sworn this was a fake app, as i have seen this or something similar earlier this year being reported as so.

I could have sworn this was a fake app, as i have seen this or something similar earlier this year being reported as so.
It's a real app, but not worth a dime.
from itunes

This app is not a measurement tool. It’s purpose is to inspire, to see the world through a different lens. The app is based on real world data and gives you a pretty good idea of the density of digital signals around you, but it won’t tell you where to move the couch to get a better WIFI signal.

So how does it work?

The Architecture of Radio is a data visualization, based on global open datasets of cell tower, Wi-Fi and satellite locations. Based on your GPS location the app shows a 360 degree visualization of signals around you. The dataset includes almost 7 million cell towers, 19 million Wi-Fi routers and hundreds of satellites.

I guess fake is a lil harsh then .. and it being an art project it did succeed, as it is visually stimulating.

The thing is that ALL electromagnetism can be lensed and focussed, but nobody has yet to invent a way to create a bitmap in the lower frequencies.

I guess fake is a lil harsh then .. and it being an art project it did succeed, as it is visually stimulating.

Nope still fake because 99% of people will never read the description and think its some type of visual RF detector so they can get better wifi signal in their shitty apartment ;)

Horseshit. Horseshit for sale. Come get yer Horseshit while it's still hot !!!

"The Architecture of Radio is a site-specific iPad application that visualizes this network of networks by reversing the ambient nature of the infosphere"

Fuuuuuu. Does it align the chi with the chakras too to enable a more balanced energy state with your skinny hipster jeans and fair trade chai latte?

Back