Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins...Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently the Rainbow Six: Siege open beta hit a few snags right out of the gate but, according to this forum post, everything is back on track and should be good to go now.

We’re currently seeing issues with matchmaking times and disconnection on all platforms. As such we’re postponing the Open Beta until a later time and keeping the game under Closed Beta status. We apologize for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority. We will keep everyone updated regularly as we continue to deploy improvements.

Tough game! Doesnt run that well for how it looks, not sure what it is exactly hogging perf but especially msaa is a killer. Must be all the bullet holes...if its trying to do edges on them I guess...but yeah, you'll need a 980 at 1080 to run on high with msaa. I would get a 980Ti if you want "almost" everything turned on. TXAA 4X is awesome but a slideshow on 970m.

I really question how much of a "beta" this is. I mean, it feels like a beta. It has problems you'd expect for a beta. If it were two months ago, I'd have no problems accepting this as a beta that will be improved by launch.

But this... this comes out in two days. The day after the supposed beta ends, the game releases. That sounds a lot more like a timed demo to me. It should be the release version of the game. And if it is, that's sad, because its in a pretty bad state.

Matchmaking is poor at best, broken completely at worst. Getting into a game can be very difficult to impossible. On several occasions an issue was encountered where in order to get to the load out screen to start a game, everyone in the server had to alt+enter twice to window and re-maximize the game. This wasn't a local issue, everyone had to do it. Anyone want to guess the success rate of trying to convince everyone waiting to play that's what they had to do to start the game? (Hint: its zero. I never saw a match where everyone listened and the game started). Performance is all over the place. Trying to play with a group of friends the other day, and using Teamspeak, was incredibly frustrating. The in game VOIP demands to be used. Every time the game starts, it's on, even if it's set to off in the options. Every time you open uplay in game (required to invite a friend to your squad), it turns back on, even if you've turned it off in the options. Want to solve this issue by just lowering the mic volume? Nope. That lowers the volume in windows itself, thereby muting you in your VOIP program of choice also. This was further frustrated by the fact that one of the people we were playing with got booted at the end of every single game. So every time I re-invited him via uplay, I also had to unfuck my mic so that I wasn't being heard both in game and in TS.

Back