Thermaltake Suppressor F31 Mid-Tower Chassis Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Thermaltake Suppressor F31 Mid-Tower Chassis Review - Thermaltake is upping its computer case game with the new Suppressor F31 chassis. It is nice and wide at 250mm and has plenty of features. "Leading-edge sound reduction panels on all sides, expand your cooling options with removable panels for the perfect balance in silent operation and cooling performance."

yeah I am against owning anything they make after I realized they pretty much just copy other stuff almost exactly.

I would have been okay if they just copied the general idea, but did something cool with the designs, colors or shape. They did include a filter on the top which is nice, but while it seems like a nice case I would look somewhere else and not support their theft.

It looks good, but it's not priced any better than it's competition. And it's not easy to tell how much better or worse it is than it's competition, when you guys have traditionally treated ~$100 quiet cases as that guy at parties who nobody talks to :D

Now that you've tackled one quiet case, you guys want to step up your game and actually review something from Fractal Design? I guarantee it won't melt your face off*

*not guaranteed

Last edited:
Yup, that's basically the Fractal Design Define R5 case, just worse. The Define R5 adds features like a door which can open either way, a bottom filter which slides out towards the front of the case, a fan controller and better cable wiring options.

I, too, wish that [H] would review a Fractal Design case. They're great :)

Now that you've tackled one quiet case, you guys want to step up your game and actually review something from Fractal Design? I guarantee it won't melt your face off*

*not guaranteed

We have a Fractal Design case review coming up.

The reason for the recent drought in case reviews is because my wife suffered from a ruptured aneurysm in her brain and a hemorrhagic stroke two months ago. Caring for her put me behind schedule on cases but I'm back in the saddle and reviews are forthcoming. :)

Ow! Best wishes to your wife in recovering, Steve.

Given the lack of airflow in the cable routing area behind the motherboard tray, it has always seemed like a spectacularly bad idea to place any conventional hard drive in that area.

I applaud the design choice of removable 5.25" drive caddies, but case manufaturers could score a big win if they would make the entire drive area modular.
It would be nice to have the ability to replace the dual optical drive bay assembly with an additional triple 3.5" drive cage, or the option to retain a single 5.25" drive bay in the lower of the two optical bay positions, allowing you to use thicker radiators or push/pull fans at the top of the case.

Yay for the upcoming Fractal Design case review :)

And all the best wishes for your wife, Steve. Sounds like a tough time for both of you :(

Back