Breaking Benjamin Singer Slams Star Wars Battlefront

It seems he was largely offended by the fact that EA tried to get him to be a shill for the game, too. Combination of being let down plus being pressured by EA to give the game a big fat thumbs up.

Well he is right, the game is a rushed out piece of shit just to coincide with the new movie. Rockets that lock onto people and vehicles, a selection of blasters that are essentially pointless as pistols outclass them all. Dodgy terrain that seems to have loads of invisible walls that you have to hop over, utter wank.

Good for him for not just accepting money and saying this is the best game ever. It is always nice to see people actually support and like what they accept money to say that they like.

lol, someone called them a one hit wonder.

There isn't a single bad song written by Breaking Benjamin.

It seems he was largely offended by the fact that EA tried to get him to be a shill for the game, too. Combination of being let down plus being pressured by EA to give the game a big fat thumbs up.

I don't know, this guy has never had a problem with letting his work be used in other games / movies etc., he just seemed pretty salty that they even considered him. Why wouldn't EA want him to promote the game? And then his prequels jab?

Well the last time they wrote a song for a video game it ended up being the reason the band broke up. Two of the members allowed some dumb bitch to do a voice over which ruined the song and he was pissed. He went bizzerk, fired them, and the drummer said fuck this and left. So then there was a 5 year court case, he had to get a whole new band, and now they're on tour again.

So, maybe hes done with video game promotion? And honestly, whats wrong with him not wanting to promote something that isn't polished the way it should be? We always talk about how shitty games are on here, especially from EA, and when we have someone that calls them on their bullshit everyone gets mad at him?

I haven't played the game, so I can't say one way or the other, but seeing as its from EA, it probably is a half assed attempt at a game.

Love those telling him he & his music sucks!!! I have no idea about his music or him, but I would swap my bank account with his than any of the other commenter's on his picture!

lol, someone called them a one hit wonder.

There isn't a single bad song written by Breaking Benjamin.

Well, if you listen to the radio, you'd think they might be a one hit wonder. But, if you bought the albums, you'd find every song on there is just plain awesome. I was very impressed by their work. Typically, it's a couple good songs with a lot of fluff songs to fill space. These guys really rock the whole album.

Good for him for speaking his honest opinion, though. We need more like that.

Hahaha holy shit, this brings back the nostalgia. I was a BB fan way back in the day, haven't heard their name in YEARS.

He has a point.

Yup... Having played the multiplayer beta, its pretty bland. The Star Wars world is great and all, but once that novelty wares off, you are left with a really bland game without much "fun factor". The weapons are a yawner too.

Well, if you listen to the radio, you'd think they might be a one hit wonder. But, if you bought the albums, you'd find every song on there is just plain awesome. I was very impressed by their work. Typically, it's a couple good songs with a lot of fluff songs to fill space. These guys really rock the whole album.

Good for him for speaking his honest opinion, though. We need more like that.

Totally agree on all points except the radio one. Not sure what stations you listen to but they've played several BB songs over the years *constantly*. Obviously the guy was trolling on twitter as you'd pretty much have to live under a rock to think they're actually a one-hit wonder.

Btw, saw them in Salem couple weeks ago -- freaking awesome show.

To each his own, personally I am having a ton of fun in BF. It's extremely well optimized, fast paced, the graphics and audio are out of this world and it's just a well made shooter.

I hope more come out and people quit kissing Dice's ass. Quit blaming EA too. Dice changed the all round game play from BF 1 and 2. No class selection, no healing or ammo droids, cards for part time power ups? Only 4 maps on Supremacy? Endor is the only decent one out of the bunch. Paying $60 to have to spend hour after hour trying to get to level 40-50 to unlock certain characters, useless gun unlocks is bullshit. I was looking forward to getting in and being a rocket/engineer or sniper. It was fun having to heal the droids to get ammo and heal.

They could have knocked it right out of the park if they kept the old play style and limited class selection with the awesome graphics. Oh its pretty and has its moments, it just doesn't feel like what us old farts liked and enjoyed about the first 2. They could have killed some of the game types for some clone wars maps. Nope, we have to pay for DLC to get that unlike the originals.

Well the last time they wrote a song for a video game it ended up being the reason the band broke up. Two of the members allowed some dumb bitch to do a voice over which ruined the song and he was pissed. He went bizzerk, fired them, and the drummer said fuck this and left. So then there was a 5 year court case, he had to get a whole new band, and now they're on tour again.

So, maybe hes done with video game promotion? And honestly, whats wrong with him not wanting to promote something that isn't polished the way it should be? We always talk about how shitty games are on here, especially from EA, and when we have someone that calls them on their bullshit everyone gets mad at him?

I haven't played the game, so I can't say one way or the other, but seeing as its from EA, it probably is a half assed attempt at a game.

My guess is that people are pissed that somebody don't like something star wars related, and so they are going after him because of that. They have to make themselves believe that the game is good, no matter what.

I don't know who this person is as well but I will say. He is 100% right about the game. I am getting tired of EA putting out game after game just with new maps and a few new things then charging for a brand new game. They do this all the time with BF games. Its the main reason I stopped playing all Call of Duty and Battlefield games. Now I did only play the beta of this but the beta did not make me think it was wroth buying at all. The map was small as hell. I also a few crashes as well. Game play was boring and very limited. I am just not a fan of EA games anymore as you can tell.

Totally agree on all points except the radio one. Not sure what stations you listen to but they've played several BB songs over the years *constantly*. Obviously the guy was trolling on twitter as you'd pretty much have to live under a rock to think they're actually a one-hit wonder.

Btw, saw them in Salem couple weeks ago -- freaking awesome show.

There are 2 that get play around here (Tri-Cities, WA). Not a whole lot. :/ But, it's a Clear Channel radio station, so I can see why.

I missed them in Yakima. I wanted to see them, but.... Yakima.

When you develop a game you can't make it just like the movies you need your own spin.

Never heard of him. Went to Youtube and Spotify and they both pointed to Diary of Jane being their most popular hit. Reminded me of Linken Park.

Not surprising by this guys tirade. I find that people that listen to this kind of music predominantly are generally pissed off and angst filled.

It's not for me.

Does the game at least support local co-op where you can both fight on the same side (play against AI)?

When you develop a game you can't make it just like the movies you need your own spin.

No, but if your going to re-use branding, you could at least use what made that brand successful. The original Battlefronts were fun, and I still play the first one to this day with my son on Xbox (360).

Reboots of brands/universes/etc are generally not successful, because people ignore what made it successful to begin with. There are exceptions, such as Christopher Nolan's Batmans.

Usually you get this result...

None of the weekend's flops will garner as much attention as "Jem and the Holograms," though, which opened to $1.3 million to become one of the worst debuts of all time for a major studio movie opening in over 2,000 locations. Based on the 1980s animated series, the film opened on 2,413 screens, averaging $545 per screen, to take 15th place (on its opening weekend).

I'm wondering how MUCH they were going to pay him.

Granted I think the game is a piece of shit too -- but if it meant a few thousand dollars in my pocket for doing zero work, I'd probably say whatever they wanted. Granted, I'm an internet nobody so I don't have to worry about things like reputation, or morals lol

Stop giving EA money! It's that simple.

It took me years longer than it should have to finally go cold turkey.

I'm a better person for it. There are days when I wonder if I should have played BF4 a little, but there are so many other games out there, and game companies, that make things I DO want to play that I just don't even think about EA anymore.

Their business model is incapable of making good games anymore. It just isn't. Stop forking over money because you think that "one of these days they'll make something as good as the old days." Because they won't.

What's the problem with the game? Maybe it's because a buddy of mine bought it for me so we could play together so I have no invested interest but I'm enjoying the game.

Biggest issue I have is that the season pass seems to hold a lot of the maps back.

I could care less if the game was the best thing since blowjobs. I respect him a little more for not shilling for EA.

The game is so frustrating..sides are so lopsided. I played a tie fighter/xwing battle round where the x-wing side beat us by 50%! - the ground pvp is stupid as well - higher level people can take round after round of hits and not die, I get killed by some unseen long range one shot or some guy with a rocket pac and a shotgun blaster. The only fun part is playing as Darth or Luke or the others and doing the solo mish ..or maybe picking up that token and being the Emporer in pvp...

Ahh I see. "Star Wars Battlefront" vs "Star Wars: Battlefront". :rolleyes: guess I've been out of the gaming scene for quite a while.

There was one in development for a while that was scraped. It looks like it would have been much better. This one is good, but not great. I'm waiting for a sale.

game is fun, worth the money. I like having something different. So many people cried "battlefield reskin" when it wasnt, they cried that it was inferior to battlefield in every way.

the mobs just aren't happy with anything.

and while we are on it, battlefield 2 > battlefield 4 so I personally don't want bf4 to be the golden sample everyone should build to imo.

game is fun, worth the money. I like having something different. So many people cried "battlefield reskin" when it wasnt, they cried that it was inferior to battlefield in every way.

the mobs just aren't happy with anything.

and while we are on it, battlefield 2 > battlefield 4 so I personally don't want bf4 to be the golden sample everyone should build to imo.

Everyone's idea of "fun" is different though.

For me -- I have a problem with knowing the outcome of a match before it even begins, all because i was randomly assigned to a particular team. Rebels winning on Hoth? Yeah that's not going to happen. It was pretty obvious what the game really was about 20 minutes into it. A rush job and money grab playing off many psyched up die hard star wars fan that need "something" so close to the release of the new movie.

Are you of the opinion that Battlefield Hardline wasn't a reskin either?

Not saying he's wrong in any way, but everything I've ever heard about him in my musician circles is that he's a huge dick to just about everybody he comes across. Sure, there's integrity, but you don't have to be a giant cock about it.

But, to reiterate, I'm not saying he's wrong. EA is good for tossing us unpolished turds.

I know this has nothing to do with anything about Star Wars but he spelled "peice" wrong not once but twice. Yes, I went there. I chuckled thinking who the hell had to deal with transcribing his lyrics from his songs at one point. What a nightmare it must've been <face palm>

Back