Microsoft Wants To Know Which Casual Games It Should Make Next

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Microsoft needs votes to figure out if they should make a staple like Chess? Really?

Although it is a decent move to let players choose which game they want to play next, it is a bit disappointing to see that a couple of other arguably more popular games such as 3D Pinball for Windows - Space Cadet and SkiFree - which were published by Microsoft and were packaged with older versions of Windows including Windows NT 4.0 and XP - are not part of the voting process. Voting period for the above five games closes on 17 December 2015.

They've been playing a game of casually pissing off their userbase since Windows 8, they are getting quite good at that now, I suppose it is time for a new game.
Hopefully they are bored of it.

I miss SkiFree...

I would love a phone version of 3D Pinball - Space Cadet, would be nice to play on my Note 4.

Thats asking way too much.
It would take the piss off factor down too many notches.

You mean like the ad free solitaire that is already installed and without a subscription? The one I just open and am able to play now, free of ads and free of charge? :rolleyes:

Isn't Chess included with Windows 10? ... or should I expect that to disappear when I upgrade from Windows 7.

Isn't Chess included with Windows 10? ... or should I expect that to disappear when I upgrade from Windows 7.

It's gone. With Windows 8 they removed all games to try to drive some traffic to the metro app store. People complained so much that they include the metro version of Solitaire with Windows 10, but that's it.

While not a micro game I would love to see Microsoft take MWO mech warrior online back from PGI and kick PGI in the teeth for trashing a good game.

Chess and backgammon even majong

Back