Volvo's Futuristic Concept for Autonomous Vehicles

I don't even think I could fit the list of things that are going to break and be stupidly expensive to fix on a single sheet of paper. :eek:

you should look at the history of the automobile and see the funny things they had back then that are coming back, lol

It's interesting to see all of these romanticized concepts about automated cars and travel. The reality will be far less luxurious and simple. I imagine it will all devolve into what basically amounts to a moving box with some couches in it.

When it comes to autonomous vehicles, I want one that has room for plenty of luggage, and at least 4 seats that are comfortable enough to sleep in.
It also should get decent mileage and have a large fuel tank, so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to refuel it when I'm on a long trip.
It would be great to be able to travel 600+ miles over night while I'm sleeping.
I would be able travel from Southern California to Seattle (18.5 hours) in a day (leave in the morning and be in Seattle the following morning when you wake up).

It would allow me to travel a lot more while avoiding cramped airplanes, crowded airports, and the joke called the TSA.

Back