StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void Sells 1 Million In 24 Hours

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Blizzard’s new expansion was arguably buried by some other game this week, but it remains alive and well, it seems.

Legacy of the Void's launch this week marks just the beginning for the game. As announced at BlizzCon last weekend, the expansion will be supported by series of single-player mission packs titled Nova Covert Ops. You can learn more about these in GameSpot's interview with Blizzard.

Ya, was a fantastic game and added closure to the series. Still not as good as HotS though...

Completely forgot that it's out. I blame Fallout :). I did buy it.

This led to the worst FirstWorldProblem ever: Have to pick which one to play first.

Finished Void for the story (also, they made Hard/Brutal actually hard this time...), now I can spend hundreds of hours on Fallout 4 without wondering what Artanis is up to.

Completely forgot that it's out. I blame Fallout :). I did buy it.

I forgot it's out too, however I blame the huge time between releasing the 3rd and final chapter of the sequel to one of the most fun space RTS games out there.

It's about time they sold the rest of the game. What on earth possessed them to release it the first weekend fallout 4 was available?!?!

didnt even know it was coming out.

Came out same day Fallout 4 came out. Seems to me that 100% of news was centered around Fallout. I had no clue it got released until today. I already did buy the Starcraft bundle a couple months ago.

Specifically South Koreans. I don't think North Koreans are playing all that many video games these days.

I don't think they are allowed to play games of any kind, period. Except when The Great Leader periodically allows them to "play amongst themselves" and breed new working class slaves and soldiers for his empire.

Campaign is pretty great so far, just like HoTS, Vanilla

I don't play games that often now adays but im hooked so far.

So opening weekend they made like 30-40 million. That doesnt seem like much for a AAA title that is basically the end of a 17 year story arc.

I think that doesn't count pre-orders?

Anyway, I bought LotV instead of fallout 4 and I feel like I made the right choice. I'm not even a big RTS fan and I played Fallout 1 before SC1. I feel like LotV was a good/great and finished game now and F4 will be a great game in a year or two with awesome mods and bug fixes when I get it for $10-15.

eh, it's about par for the course. A bit under HoTS, but typical for the series, which is probably Blizzard's weakest in terms of sales.

Back