Rainbow Six Siege PC Specs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft released the minimum and recommended PC specs for Rainbow Six Siege today. Overall the recommended specs are pretty tame:

Minimum Requirements:
  • Windows 7 64-Bit edition, Windows 8.1 64-Bit edition, Windows 10 64-Bit edition
  • Intel Core i3-560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz or better
  • 6GB RAM or more
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (DirectX 11 @ 1GB or better)
  • 30GB hard drive space or more
  • DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card

Recommended Requirements:
  • Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit edition, Windows 8.1 64-Bit edition, Windows 10 64-Bit edition
  • Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • 8GB RAM or more
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 670/GTX 760/GTX 960 or AMD Radeon HD 7970/R9 280X (DirectX 11 @ 2GB or better)
  • 47GB hard drive space or more
  • DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card

I would guess an FX-6300 and 270X / i3-3140 and GTX 660Ti-GTX 950 would be sufficient.

Pretty steep considering that a lot of games don't even play that well with recommended specs.

These damn quad core requirements are killing me.

I think this is ridiculous, but it seems I am only one of two people who think that here.

I think this is ridiculous, but it seems I am only one of two people who think that here.

The consoles have octocore CPUs. It makes sense that games would be designed to take advantage of SMT and it is about time.

I am in the opposite camp, I'm glad to see games finally making use of more cores (hopefully virt ones too)

As far as quad core...im sure a dual will be just fine. Their Ultra specs during the beta were not optimized. I was running high @ 60 something FPS, my SLI 980 ti's did not work so I only used a single card. I changed the settings and maxed everything out...all settings were at its highest. I was still getting around 60FPS w/ and w/o SLI and the game was jittery.

Get with the times MisterHipster. Being a hipster, shouldn't you have been on quad cores "before it was cool" ?

How old is your hardware? I haven't upgraded in 5 years or something like that and I have a quad core.

Might be time you either upgrade your hardware foe the first time in a decade, start gaming on consoles to not have to care about specs, or just stop gaming and never touch a computer again.

As far as quad core...im sure a dual will be just fine. Their Ultra specs during the beta were not optimized. I was running high @ 60 something FPS, my SLI 980 ti's did not work so I only used a single card. I changed the settings and maxed everything out...all settings were at its highest. I was still getting around 60FPS w/ and w/o SLI and the game was jittery.

I ran the beta on a AMD phenom x4 9950 and geforce 640. So around min requirements. And I would say they were spot on, the game was playable but only at something like 720p and a lot of things set to low settings.

I ran the beta on a AMD phenom x4 9950 and geforce 640. So around min requirements. And I would say they were spot on, the game was playable but only at something like 720p and a lot of things set to low settings.

Lol, 1st gen phenom......and a 640. Yea....., about that...

Back