TAG Heuer, Intel and Google Unveil Swiss Luxury Connected Watch

HardOCP News

[H] News
During a press conference today, Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of TAG Heuer, accompanied by Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel, and David Singleton, VP, Engineering (Android) at Google, unveiled the TAG Heuer Connected watch with Intel Inside®. The TAG Heuer Connected watch is the first luxury Swiss watch with Intel Inside® powered by Android Wear. It harmonizes computing innovation with 150 years of watchmaking, timeless aesthetics and supreme quality. The chronograph dial mimics the appearance and functions of a true dial in classic TAG Heuer design, but the watch also sends notifications and alerts, provides weather updates, tracks fitness goals, and provides access to the full Android Wear apps universe.

Mimics... which means it isn't an actual movement. Which means it's just another shitty wrist computer with a logo. On top of that..a rubber bracelet on a non dive watch. Holy shit tag, way to lower the fucking bar.

Mimics... which means it isn't an actual movement. Which means it's just another shitty wrist computer with a logo. On top of that..a rubber bracelet on a non dive watch. Holy shit tag, way to lower the fucking bar.

Even though it only mimics a real watch, it still looks far better than the other smart watches out there.

Even though it only mimics a real watch, it still looks far better than the other smart watches out there.

This is true. I mean to be fair, if it had a proper bracelet and wasn't stupidly priced, I would have considered it. Knowing tag though, it's gonna be a grand minimum. While I have no objection to paying that as I own tags, this isn't even close to the same league in value.

This is true. I mean to be fair, if it had a proper bracelet and wasn't stupidly priced, I would have considered it. Knowing tag though, it's gonna be a grand minimum. While I have no objection to paying that as I own tags, this isn't even close to the same league in value.

agreed on the price. I'd love to play with one though. I'm definitely ready for my first Tag, but a different band would be a definite selling point for me.

the webcast was entertaining for the last 5 minutes or so when the swiss president of the company was trying to cut the cheese and handing out massive bells

I don't know, there's some out there that have really stepped up. The newer Moto 360-2 isn't bad (the smaller version, not the massive one).

$1,500 I believe. And if you don't like within the first year, I believe, you can trade up for a real Tag...but you have to drop another $1,500. :rolleyes:

Back