Leaked Fallout 4 Footage

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News has word on some leaked Fallout 4 footage that supposedly shows off a good portion of the beginning of the game. Be warned, the quality of the video isn't that great and the pastebin links trigger a malware warning in IE.

I have no problem with games that have good gameplay but the graphics aren't super state of the art...

but uh...

that screenshot on the article...

Looks 10+ years old? Even against a huge open world game like GTA it's heavily dated.

So how is the gameplay?

Yeah the graphics blow. I will not be wasting money on this.

I already have, and I am not that concerned with graphics. Gameplay >>> graphics, plus modders for the PC will have it looking great in no time.

Yeah the graphics blow. I will not be wasting money on this.

Who cares, the community will fix all the textures and assets with mods... Look at how good Skyrim can look on an older iteration of the same engine.

I don't think that's the graphics we saw in the presentation. Console version maybe?

Who cares, the community will fix all the textures and assets with mods... Look at how good Skyrim can look on an older iteration of the same engine.

Yeah, but to go in first thing to a game and load it up with a dozen mods, causing all kinds of errors and bugs...not ideal. Shame. :(

But why are we paying AAA prices for this crap in 2015? At what point does graphics < gameplay argument get old?

I hope the game reviewers take this into account when they review the game.

Modders always improve the graphics in their games anyway, why would they put extra effort on graphics at launch?

this is console footage from the xbox one running at 720p. I'm pretty sure the PC version will look better.

Of course the PC version will look better... but it still always amazes me just how far behind even the new consoles are in terms of eye candy.

Of course the PC version will look better... but it still always amazes me just how far behind even the new consoles are in terms of eye candy.

You shouldn't be amazed. This conversation comes up daily here lol.

Graphics do look a bit better than what Skyrim did upon release. Certainly will look better on PC version.

Glad to see bottlecap mines made it back in. Love that one. :D

Graphics do look a little bit better than what Skyrim did upon release. I would hope the graphics would look better on PC version.

Glad to see bottlecap mines made it back in. Love that one. :D

But why are we paying AAA prices for this crap in 2015? At what point does graphics < gameplay argument get old?

I hope the game reviewers take this into account when they review the game.

Apparently you've never played a BSG game. The "argument" will get old when a majority of people stop buying this series.

Until then, get mad

Apparently you've never played a BSG game. The "argument" will get old when a majority of people stop buying this series.

Until then, get mad

lol yea. With every bethesda game it's always tons of bickering before release, then the only people left talking about it are folks who didn't buy the game, or people while they're at work... everyone else isn't talking about anything cause they're too damn busy playing the game! :p

Can someone just link the damn footage instead of linking to a [H]ard article which links to bluesnews, which links to eurogamer, which links to pastebin...

I would have bought this game even if it looked like FO:3....so yea, gameplay can always beat out over graphics.

I would have bought this game even if it looked like FO:3....so yea, gameplay can always beat out over graphics.

I would 100% agree to a point. I do like to see good in both areas, but game play is higher on the list. Its just if the game looks like it is 5 years old it does take some away for me.

Modders always improve the graphics in their games anyway, why would they put extra effort on graphics at launch?

Bethesda's business model seems to be to create a game using dated, vanilla graphics. Then sell the game for $60. Then "modders" work bring the game up to date for free.

this doesnt look anything like the fallout 4 leaked game footage .

That capture looks like crap. My modded FO3 looks way better. Maybe I'll get it when it goes on sale.

That capture looks like crap. My modded FO3 looks way better. Maybe I'll get it when it goes on sale.

....Did you read any of the other replies here? Specifically the ones saying this was on an Xbox at 720p? Also, think of what your modded FO4 will look like. Heh.

It is way too early to judge visuals as the source is not a high end PC. Pretty exciting none the less! 7 more days!

Didnt bother with the video, but the pic does make the graphics look dated.
Looks like Vegas, after some graphic mods. The graphics kind of look stuck between console generations, but game-play is what makes fallout so amazing.
I'm going to wait a bit till some patching and mods come out before i pick this one up, plus my steam library is out of control, i need to start playing some games, its getting ridiculous, however...... when windows 10/DX12 games finally start rolling out, all bets are off :D

I'm hoping I can get my PC working before then. It's an easy fix, but damn it, I don't want to buy a new HDD right now!

Is this the PC version of the game? I doubt that besthesda would release a PC port for a game with as much hype as fallout 4 with graphics like that...

At first I was ready to drop full retail price for this game. And I still am, but...

After they announced the season pass I figured why pay for this now when I KNOW for a fact in a year or so, they will release a version with all or most DLC/Add-on packs with the core game for half the cost of what the retail is now?

If you do that, it's almost as if they pushed back the release date of the game for a year and released it completed with all the intended content included...oh shit...MIND BLOWN!

I did this with Fallout New Vegas, Shadow of Mordor, Skyrim, Darks Souls, and pretty much a lot of other big name titles that have come out in the past 5 years.

And the best part? My gameplay experience wasn't changed ONE BIT even though I didn't purchase on day one. It's almost as if being patient is rewarding or some bit like that. Could just be me being crazy?

I love you Bethesda and the Fallout series, but my wallet and bank account are happier because of the inevitable decisions you make of re-releasing the game with everything at a discounted price at a later date.

Back