Kim Dotcom Launches Extradition Defense

HardOCP News

[H] News
To be quite honest, I think Kim Dotcom will be extradited just because the New Zealand government is tired of spending money on this case.

After proceedings began in September, Kim Dotcom began his extradition hearing defense in New Zealand today. His legal team argued that U.S. prosecutors cherry-picked evidence, intentionally mis-translated discussions to make the entrepreneur look bad, and created criminal liability for service providers where none exists.

I love the accusations of "cherry picked evidence" as if that's somehow foul play on the part of the government. If there's no evidence at all of wrongdoing, there certainly won't be anything to cherry pick. The mere idea that the defense is using that to try to protect that big butterball is an admission that evidence exists and is valid.

I love the accusations of "cherry picked evidence" as if that's somehow foul play on the part of the government. If there's no evidence at all of wrongdoing, there certainly won't be anything to cherry pick. The mere idea that the defense is using that to try to protect that big butterball is an admission that evidence exists and is valid.

Didn't even read the article did you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

“What the United States have done here is simply bundle up years of selective or ‘cherry-picked’ conversations where those conversations [appear to show] an awareness or knowledge of copyright infringement,” Mansfield said.

You are aware you can "cherry pick" communication out of context to represent someone how YOU want, right? That's what they're saying was done intentionally in this case... we know it's always the lawyers job to do such anyway, but in this case they're saying the entire case is built on "Made Up" statements because how they were cherry-picked and used out of context to make DotCom appear aware.

Didn't even read the article did you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are aware you can "cherry pick" communication out of context to represent someone how YOU want, right? That's what they're saying was done intentionally in this case... we know it's always the lawyers job to do such anyway, but in this case they're saying the entire case is built on "Made Up" statements because how they were cherry-picked and used out of context to make DotCom appear aware.

You mean like cherry picking the points where he offered money to get people to post copyrighted stuff? Like that kind of cherry picking?

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-paid-prolific-pirates-thousands-in-rewards-u-s-says-150928/

He's a disgusting criminal and belongs in jail for at least the rest of his entire life for what are basically crimes against humanity. NO ONE should be allowed to ever provide a service that permits the sharing of illegal content or make a product that can be used to do something wrong without going to jail forever as a party responsible for whatever crimes are carried out using something they invented, offered, or manufactured (in whole or part).

Y
He's a disgusting criminal and belongs in jail for at least the rest of his entire life for what are basically crimes against humanity.

Yeah... You lost all credibility when you equated copyright infringement (willful or not) with "crimes against humanity".

Hi All

Quote He's a disgusting criminal and belongs in jail for at least the rest of his entire life for what are basically crimes against humanity.

Are you serious?

Are we still talking about this? Kim.com just needs to give up, it's inevitable.

Gov and its goons - citizen or otherwise - going authoritarian, news at 11.

You mean like cherry picking the points where he offered money to get people to post copyrighted stuff? Like that kind of cherry picking?

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-paid-prolific-pirates-thousands-in-rewards-u-s-says-150928/

He's a disgusting criminal and belongs in jail for at least the rest of his entire life for what are basically crimes against humanity.

Bruh, really?

Crimes against humanity? These aren't even remotely comparable. Hitler committed crimes against humanity.

Kim Dotcom gave you... a filesharing website.

You need to take a break from the internet or something.

Bruh, really?

Crimes against humanity? These aren't even remotely comparable. Hitler committed crimes against humanity.

Kim Dotcom gave you... a filesharing website.

You need to take a break from the internet or something.

lmfao. Agreed.

Tell us how you really feel CUG?

lmfao. Agreed.

Tell us how you really feel CUG?

Well, personally I'd put him in jail for his whole life. Then I'd bring him back as like some freakish voodoo zombie thing and keep him in jail for his entire unlife afterwards too. His crimes against innocent people trying to earn a living through creativity and hard work are a disaster on a scale that's bigger than the entire world has seen before now. He needs to be locked up with all the other horrible people on the planet like drug dealers who sell pot and alcoholics who drink away their paychecks instead of paying taxes or making sure their spouse has money to spend too.

Please refrain from telling us how you really feel because you're really full of shit, and are now grabbing at straws. He didn't commit any crime against innocent people at all, he provided a platform that OTHER people used (mostly knowingly illegally).

I don't deny that megaupload was used for blatantly illegal purposes, but nobody died over it. Nobody dies over pot either.

Turn off your computer and take a nap, because I think you're drunk.

Please refrain from telling us how you really feel because you're really full of shit, and are now grabbing at straws. He didn't commit any crime against innocent people at all, he provided a platform that OTHER people used (mostly knowingly illegally).

I don't deny that megaupload was used for blatantly illegal purposes, but nobody died over it. Nobody dies over pot either.

Turn off your computer and take a nap, because I think you're drunk.

Drugs are responsible for like tons of dead people in the whole thing with growing it and moving it and selling it. People die like every single day in dumps like Colombia because of pot heads here thinking they're just being harmless losers instead of supporting an industry centered around killing and enslaving people. If you can't see that, then I can understand why you would also be the type to think it's not a big deal that this jellyroll disguised as a human isn't also responsible for massive criminal acts that rob people of money that their companies would otherwise have made in sales while he gets wealthy off advertising and pretends to be part of a higher social class than he deserves since he had no right to claim it as he wasn't born into it or learned from his parents how to properly participate in it. It's all about your psychology of shirking accepting responsibility. People who favor abusing drugs all think the same way.

To be quite honest, I think Kim Dotcom will be extradited just because the New Zealand government is tired of spending money on this case.

No, he will be extradited because daddy USA said so.

Drugs are responsible for like tons of dead people in the whole thing with growing it and moving it and selling it. People die like every single day in dumps like Colombia because of pot heads here thinking they're just being harmless losers instead of supporting an industry centered around killing and enslaving people. If you can't see that, then I can understand why you would also be the type to think it's not a big deal that this jellyroll disguised as a human isn't also responsible for massive criminal acts that rob people of money that their companies would otherwise have made in sales while he gets wealthy off advertising and pretends to be part of a higher social class than he deserves since he had no right to claim it as he wasn't born into it or learned from his parents how to properly participate in it. It's all about your psychology of shirking accepting responsibility. People who favor abusing drugs all think the same way.

Sorry, but growing and using pot in Columbia is legal. Care to try again? On second thought, don't bother.

He's a disgusting criminal and belongs in jail for at least the rest of his entire life for what are basically crimes against humanity. NO ONE should be allowed to ever provide a service that permits the sharing of illegal content or make a product that can be used to do something wrong without going to jail forever as a party responsible for whatever crimes are carried out using something they invented, offered, or manufactured (in whole or part).

I was about to respond but then I realized it was CUG posting, nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but growing and using pot in Columbia is legal. Care to try again? On second thought, don't bother.

LOL, I won't bother because you and I both know that the whole illegal drug thing has killed lots and lots of people and you'd rather I not post linkies to make you feel like a silly-head. :p

LOL, I won't bother because you and I both know that the whole illegal drug thing has killed lots and lots of people and you'd rather I not post linkies to make you feel like a silly-head. :p

Tons of stuff kill tons of people. What's your point? Drugs, mental illness, war, governments, corporations...who or what isn't killing people and destroying lives?

Kim will bankrupt the NZ gov. Watch :D

As a kiwi, John Key is doing that already...

The Judge in this case however at least has shown that just because the US Govt (or NZ Govt) says something, that it doesn't mean its true, or in line with NZ law

Tons of stuff kill tons of people. What's your point? Drugs, mental illness, war, governments, corporations...who or what isn't killing people and destroying lives?

Earlier in this thread, I posted this:

NO ONE should be allowed to ever provide a service that permits the sharing of illegal content or make a product that can be used to do something wrong without going to jail forever as a party responsible for whatever crimes are carried out using something they invented, offered, or manufactured (in whole or part).

So what's your point...aside from making it a point to demonstrate that you don't read things before jumping to dumb conclusions?

Back