Girl Builds Wearable Pneumatic Wings

Future Hollywood practical special effects wizard in the making, that's pretty damned cool.

Very cool; if it's duplicable bet she could make some $ selling those.

Would take it to another level if they could actually flap.

120468d1379435541-weekly-competition-hammer-gods-9th-september-2013-finished-flash.gordon.dive.border.jpg

Huh, didn't expect much but that's one of the coolest things I've seen lately.

I came into here with the mindset "heres another lame project getting too much attention".....but that was pretty nicely done!! And I thought I looked cool hooking an arc reactor coffee coaster to the inside of my shirt....

Aw, those are super awesome. Flappy motions would be even cooler but I can imagine that'd make them a lot harder to put together.

Makes me want a set so I can cosplay Pit from Kid Icarus.

Wait, what? Aw shit, I've come out of the cosplay closet!

But seriously, some amazing prop work right there.

Very cool; if it's duplicable bet she could make some $ selling those.

Would take it to another level if they could actually flap.

Given she is putting up videos on how to make your own set, I would say yes it is repeatable. Also she doesn't want to make money off of them.

I just wanna know what bird she ripped those feathers out of. Now there's a video I'd like to see.

Neat, now if she can do it so that the gas escaping is muffled isn't of the loud PFFFFFFT, you got yourself a winner!

I do wonder how big the backpack area is behind her though, she was very much aligned so that you couldn't see any of the magic behind the scenes.

Neat, now if she can do it so that the gas escaping is muffled isn't of the loud PFFFFFFT, you got yourself a winner!

I do wonder how big the backpack area is behind her though, she was very much aligned so that you couldn't see any of the magic behind the scenes.

Yeah, The 18-wheeler brake release noise kinda ruins the magic. There's got to be a slow-release valve for pneumatics.

Digging through this a little more I guess my above comment isn't correct. She is giving away simple instructions for free. For more indepth hi-rez instructions you have to pay. it also sounds like she will make these for order for people that wish to pay her to make some. So I guess she does actually want to make money off of them. Not that there is anything wrong that making money for one's work.

She is supposed to be putting up images of that stuff later to see the magic.

These would be cool in praying mantis legs.

Very cool indeed, nicely done.​

Yeah, The 18-wheeler brake release noise kinda ruins the magic. There's got to be a slow-release valve for pneumatics.
Wonder if she couldn't use a hydraulic solution instead, although I'm guessing the pneumatic setup is for speed which hydraulics might not do, also she might have some compressed air canister as "fuel" to cause them to snap out, which again can't exactly due with hydraulics.

Thought is was amazingly awesome for a 13 year old. But she is not so just regular awesome.

Back