Drone vs. Rugby Kid

Why do people have the overwhelming urge to break shit that isn't there's?

Like WTF is happening to this planet?

I wondered the same thing when I saw the video of that asshole destroying Hitchbot the hitch hiking robot.

Oh and "theirs" :-P

The real question is that did the photographer get permission? I wouldnt feel so friendly to a unknown drone either.

According to a poster on the YouTube page, the company was hired by the college to do a promo. So, if the poster is right then the operators of the drone had every right to fly over the field.

Gotta admit, that was a hell of a good shot by the kid. :D

People want to break or see everything fail that they don't understand. And why? Fear.

I wondered the same thing when I saw the video of that asshole destroying Hitchbot the hitch hiking robot.

Oh and "theirs" :-P

That video was a tasteless prank, just fyi, done by the guys that last gave him a ride because they are "pranksters" like that. (Google street shows that there is no place for a security camera in the angle that the video was taken and all).

Nice kick.
The Hitchbot destruction was a great example of human stupid...
Believing your Drone has rights is just as stupid.
To hell with your privacy destroying property.
Same thing as taking a camera into a bar...
...your going to get your shit fucked up one way or another... no sympathy.

Question is: Would one react as strongly on anyone with a normal camera?

If so then yes I have no problems with someone breaking sh.t, obvious example would be public beach cameras (they are just creepy). However this seemed like a normal congregation of people and I feel that was an unwarranted reaction to a drone.

Nice kick.
The Hitchbot destruction was a great example of human stupid...
Believing your Drone has rights is just as stupid.
To hell with your privacy destroying property.
Same thing as taking a camera into a bar...
...your going to get your shit fucked up one way or another... no sympathy.

But this wasn't in a bar, this wasn't in some super secret location with security to prevent other people from viewing stuff, this wasn't your back yard with your 6 foot tall privacy fence that you think gives you an impenetrable veil of protection from drones, 2nd story windows of every house around you and anyone who's 6 feet tall standing a foot higher than your property.

This would be the same as if I went to watch practice, and someone came over and destroyed my camera for taking pictures. Now I get it, the kid wasn't as anal retentive as you about their precious privacy, he probably saw it as a challenge and a "hey lets see if I can hit that" mentality than many boys have, but fact is in his testosterone filled quest for doing something meaningless like "hit that tiny thing far away" he damaged someone else's property.

also, pretty sure not rugby, rugby is played with a pointy ball similar to our football

"Guys, watch this. I'm gonna bust that drone!". What a dick. He wasn't thinking anything about his privacy or if they didn't have permission. He did it to try and break the thing.

Nice kick, though. Can't say it wasn't impressive.

Drones sound like a mosquito buzzing near your ear and people wonder why animals and people want to knock these things out of the air?

If so then yes I have no problems with someone breaking sh.t, obvious example would be public beach cameras (they are just creepy). However this seemed like a normal congregation of people and I feel that was an unwarranted reaction to a drone.
Anonymous man taking video of a random child while he plays soccer. Is that your comparison?

Because an authorized actual photographer wouldn't have his identity hidden like a drone operator which make the individual (as far as the photographed are concerned) anonymous and therefore unaccountable for abuse of the pictures/video. So the proper comparison is a shadowy figure in a gray van with tinted windows video taping kids seemingly at random.

yeah...

I think we can all agree people don't like being spied on. Irregardless of if you agree with the actions taken or not, it's pretty easy to see why people react.

Personally if someone sticks a camera in my face I'd be less offended than a drone. Even if its unwanted, at least I know they are likely recording. Its those unknown drones in the sky that really piss me off. Fuck off with your covert cameras.

For me the biggest gripe is that I think its dangerous to let any fuckwad with zero training buy a flying vehicle and navigate it directly above people. If you disagree, please stand over there while I drop a 1lb weight directly on your head from a couple hundred feet up.

Anonymous man taking video of a random child while he plays soccer. Is that your comparison?

Because an authorized actual photographer wouldn't have his identity hidden like a drone operator which make the individual (as far as the photographed are concerned) anonymous and therefore unaccountable for abuse of the pictures/video. So the proper comparison is a shadowy figure in a gray van with tinted windows video taping kids seemingly at random.

yeah...

at that range and resolution and field of view you would be better off looking at super nintendo characters.

it would be like taking shots at google satellites saying it is taking pics of your kids and abusing it

yeah...
And if you think that this is done for the sake of anonymity you're nuts, this is about getting bad ass aerial views over an area that can not be gained by ANY photographer unless they spend a lot of money to rent an aircraft and fly low to the ground.

So yeah, comparison to guy in van is way the hell off, this was probably simply some student who's was taking video for something. And before we go down that rabbit hole of "think of the children" this was at a college.

it would be like taking shots at google satellites saying it is taking pics of your kids and abusing it

Or shooting at a person's outside cat for being on your property. Or smashing someone's RC car because it "got too close" (Lots of them have cameras, used for driving remotely but can be used for other things.). It's pathetic, and really should be quite illegal. But drones should fall under the same restrictions as photography already does and should have a identifier and registered with your local gov/law.

There needs to be some regulations, but at the same time, destroying other people's property, -is- illegal, always, and it should be even more so considering the cost of these things.

And if you think that this is done for the sake of anonymity you're nuts, this is about getting bad ass aerial views over an area that can not be gained by ANY photographer unless they spend a lot of money to rent an aircraft and fly low to the ground.

So yeah, comparison to guy in van is way the hell off, this was probably simply some student who's was taking video for something. And before we go down that rabbit hole of "think of the children" this was at a college.

I didn't say it was. But how does a person exactly Identify and if necessary confront the drone operator if they have questions?

I think it's funny, I think it's a risk of owning a drone, I have no empathy for most drone owners, If it's just filming yourself or something then sure I think it would be lame to knock it down on purpose, but if I was say playing softball with some friends or whatever and some dbag with a drone was hovering around filming us and being annoying I'd take some shots at it for sure.

As to this instance, as a responsible drone owner I would hope they actually notified the players in person before filming. I wasn't there so I don't know if that occurred or not so all I can do is speculate. Either way that was a dam good/lucky kick.

Drones sound like a mosquito buzzing near your ear and people wonder why animals and people want to knock these things out of the air?

Rice Rockets and Jet Skis sound much worse to me ... yet I have never had the urge to try and destroy them.

lol at the level of stupid this thread exhibits...everyone's talking like the kid's David Beckham and that his life-long mission is to take down drones with a ball. Obvious accident is accident.

That was a once in a life-time accidental kick/hit of a drone with a soccer ball, nothing more. That being said. AWESOME :D

That was a once in a life-time accidental kick/hit of a drone with a soccer ball, nothing more. That being said. AWESOME :D

let me fix this. I watched the video over and over. The kid purposely ran out to do that kick from standing still. Dick Move, great kick.

I didn't say it was. But how does a person exactly Identify and if necessary confront the drone operator if they have questions?

What questions? He has no authority to question anyone doing videography or photography in a public place, or even in a private place if it's not his property. The most he can do, is go find the person in charge and ask him if the drone is authorized to fly or not. I mean the person in charge of the property, not the drone.

Anyone randomly destroying shit is a dick. The same people go around by night and destroy store fronts and bus stops for the hell of it. They should be locked away in a cage and castrated so they can have no offspring. Not because of their genetics, but because they'd raise them to be jerks.

Back