Star Wars Battlefront Launch Trailer

I really enjoyed the beta. I'm expecting a lot more kick ass stuff in the final.

I REALLY want to play with friends or some people that know what they are doing. The people playing the beta, it was every man for himself. There were a lot of times when a squad could get together and win a game, but there was ZERO teamwork.

I will be buying this on day 1.

Was in the beta

Calling it a "Turd" is putting it lightly

Just get Battlefront 2 and experience a real battle on a large scale, not the fake crap Battlefront 2015 is pretending to do

Also flying

I enjoyed it alot. I hope they make some tweaks to the game to open it up more.

Server Browser, Squads, Ability to Change Teams, 64 player maps, please.

I blasted two and then proceeded to uninstall the game. Not impressed.

I liked it a lot. In some ways the simple gameplay to me was very fun, fast, and fluid.

I played the beta as well, thought it was decent though the interface was definitely designed as console first, PC...when they get to it. Also don't expect to replicate the movie when the A-wing bombers used grappling hooks to tie up the AT-ATs...that's not how it works in the game, though bombers do come in the help damage the AT-ATs periodically, you mostly take them down by concentrating fire at the AT-ATs when they become vulnerable. The 'heros' (Skywalker, Vader) are beasts. I didn't spend much time as either and never became proficient with their powerups but even then, racking up a dozen or more kills in the short time it gives you is pretty easy. Basically, once a 'hero' decides to come after you, your dead. Never had a one on one with another 'hero' but I imagine it could be pretty epic to watch two skilled players go at it. The unlock tree mechanics were ok....they used two things to unlock stuff, your rank and a currency system and the unlocks covered special abilities, weapons, and appearance related items. Wouldn't be all that surprised if they work MTs into the game...and disappointed.

I'm tempted to buy it...but I also want to buy FO4...its a rough time to be a gamer and try and be frugal.

This game is crap. All it did was made me feel like I was playing BF but star wars themed since that is pretty much what this is. I for sure won't be buying and will be waiting for fallout 4.

This game is crap. All it did was made me feel like I was playing BF but star wars themed since that is pretty much what this is. I for sure won't be buying and will be waiting for fallout 4.

Same studio, same game engine, same ability to be on foot, control a vehicle, or pilot an aircraft. I'd say it would be difficult NOT to feel like a BF game.

What? It felt NOTHING like a Battlefiled game. No classes, no squads, no real teamwork to speak of, all the weapons were almost identical in use, no revive/healing, no vehicle repairs, and on, and on , and on. Not to mention that you get vehicles by picking up a power-up out on the battle filed and not getting into one at the base. Also the star card system was lame and didn't promote any team based tactics. The power-up system promoted selfish behavior between players. On top of that the hero's gameplay was bad, their voice-overs were atrocious (especially Vader's). It was just bad.

This game couldn't be further from Battlefield and that is exactly why I'm not buying it.

I played the beta as well, thought it was decent though the interface was definitely designed as console first, PC...when they get to it. Also don't expect to replicate the movie when the A-wing bombers used grappling hooks to tie up the AT-ATs...that's not how it works in the game, though bombers do come in the help damage the AT-ATs periodically, you mostly take them down by concentrating fire at the AT-ATs when they become vulnerable. The 'heros' (Skywalker, Vader) are beasts. I didn't spend much time as either and never became proficient with their powerups but even then, racking up a dozen or more kills in the short time it gives you is pretty easy. Basically, once a 'hero' decides to come after you, your dead. Never had a one on one with another 'hero' but I imagine it could be pretty epic to watch two skilled players go at it. The unlock tree mechanics were ok....they used two things to unlock stuff, your rank and a currency system and the unlocks covered special abilities, weapons, and appearance related items. Wouldn't be all that surprised if they work MTs into the game...and disappointed.

I'm tempted to buy it...but I also want to buy FO4...its a rough time to be a gamer and try and be frugal.

not to be that guy but fuck, A wings are interceptors
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RZ-1_A-wing_interceptor

B-wings are bombers but not in the sense you mean, it was a speeder that took down the at-at
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-47_airspeeder

Cant win. If they are more like battlefront, you get people that say it is not a battlefield game and they should go that way. Make it more like battlefield and people say it is a reskin. Whatever, play it or don't play it. Hate it but do it honestly, don't just jump on what you read on reddit about it. I felt the game played well, was a lot of fun (as much as two maps could be) but has a lot of balancing and tweaking to do, that will come over time. For a beta stress test it was incredibly stable for me and my friends, couple drop outs but i still get those in most games I play.

Bombers got the shields dropped. You absolutely could use speeders to take down walkers. You only could do it during the exposed time.

Went into the beta ready to hate it, but ended up enjoying it and putting about 15hours into that. Ended up pre-ordering on GMG for $45 with a code.

The people swearing this is "just a Battlefield reskin" are morons.

The beta left a terrible impression on me. No team balancing, terrible spawn points that let enemies camp behind you and kill you before you know what happened & much too oversimplified weapons felt bland on both PC & PS4.

Maybe from the bargain bin in a while when it has all DLC together, "premium" as DICE calls it.

Oh and I'm betting there's gonna be muchos bugs on launch, as is DICE' hallmark. My fix for the next while will be FO4 for SP, and BF4 & Destiny for MP.

What? It felt NOTHING like a Battlefiled game. No classes, no squads, no real teamwork to speak of, all the weapons were almost identical in use, no revive/healing, no vehicle repairs, and on, and on , and on. Not to mention that you get vehicles by picking up a power-up out on the battle filed and not getting into one at the base. Also the star card system was lame and didn't promote any team based tactics. The power-up system promoted selfish behavior between players. On top of that the hero's gameplay was bad, their voice-overs were atrocious (especially Vader's). It was just bad.

This game couldn't be further from Battlefield and that is exactly why I'm not buying it.

I am sure most of that will come in time, I just can't stand the BF game over and over again with nothing but new maps, but I have to pay $60 for those new maps. This game to me is like a basic version of BF just with a theme. Maybe I would of payed it if it was a addon to BF2 or something.

The beta left a terrible impression on me. No team balancing, terrible spawn points that let enemies camp behind you and kill you before you know what happened & much too oversimplified weapons felt bland on both PC & PS4.

Maybe from the bargain bin in a while when it has all DLC together, "premium" as DICE calls it.

Oh and I'm betting there's gonna be muchos bugs on launch, as is DICE' hallmark. My fix for the next while will be FO4 for SP, and BF4 & Destiny for MP.

skipping a dice game for bugs and getting a bethesda game instead, not sure you "know" what you are doing. :D

I enjoyed the game (beta) for what it was. A big factor for me was that my kids are sooo excited for the game and I think playing and talking to them about it will be a blast.

I've not played a BF game yet - this one looks good to me. Then again, I'm a sucker for just about anything Star Wars.

I enjoyed the game (beta) for what it was. A big factor for me was that my kids are sooo excited for the game and I think playing and talking to them about it will be a blast.

This! Have three boys and rarely see unanimous consensus, theme or not I’m killing some babies! :D

My beta impressions reaffirmed my hatred of core shooters unless there are heavy ability based systems like mass effect.

And that the game looks absolutely lovely. That trailer looked like it came from the game engine on highest settings with some animation adjustments for the video. It's amazingly well done in that regard and makes me weep more games don't look and run as well as that did.

I really enjoyed the beta. I'm expecting a lot more kick ass stuff in the final.

I REALLY want to play with friends or some people that know what they are doing. The people playing the beta, it was every man for himself. There were a lot of times when a squad could get together and win a game, but there was ZERO teamwork.

I will be buying this on day 1.

I too loved playing the beta, graphic were fantastic and game play was awesomely fun. I've already pre ordered it. Really happy with how they did this game so far :)

For all the doubters...please remember, this is a BETA. The BF4 beta was HORRIBLE, and it turned out to be a very popular game. We played BF4 at our LANs for years - well felt that way, I guess it's really only been out two years.

And yes, I am superbly biased, hell I named my kid after an EU character. Excited for both the movie and game.

skipping a dice game for bugs and getting a bethesda game instead, not sure you "know" what you are doing. :D

That's cute.

The community + Bethesda can and will fix FO4 bugs faster than DICE on Battlefront.

Unless they send DICE L.A. to fix it, but I'm hoping they aren't taken off of BF4 yet.

When I love a game I will sing praise anywhere I can.

I love Star Wars. When I was a kid, I went and saw the Empire Strikes back the day it was released. What an awesome experience. I was 11 years old and it was early 1980, or 36 years ago.

So I am very much a fan.

What I really dislike is when a publisher and developer conspire, possible along with the copyright holders ( Disney ) to release a product that essentially is .... watered down and casual. Myself and millions of others experienced this simplistic repetitive game play during the beta. And many of us knew how mediocre this product was within the first 20 minutes.

I understand it was a hard decision for them to make. I can imagine those early meetings now and the many questions they faced. Do we have larger maps? If we have smaller maps it will be easier for casual players to pick up. Do we make it arcadish? If we have larger maps, players will be forced to use strategy and game sessions will be longer.

In the end, they went with the casual player in mind, smaller maps and shorter gaming sessions. While I'm sure a great many people will welcome this arcade experience, many of us will not. At the end of the day I am excited for the casual players out there that are getting arcade Star Wars experience.

Sadly, it's just not something I can buy.

When I love a game I will sing praise anywhere I can.

I love Star Wars. When I was a kid, I went and saw the Empire Strikes back the day it was released. What an awesome experience. I was 11 years old and it was early 1980, or 36 years ago.

So I am very much a fan.

What I really dislike is when a publisher and developer conspire, possible along with the copyright holders ( Disney ) to release a product that essentially is .... watered down and casual. Myself and millions of others experienced this simplistic repetitive game play during the beta. And many of us knew how mediocre this product was within the first 20 minutes.

I understand it was a hard decision for them to make. I can imagine those early meetings now and the many questions they faced. Do we have larger maps? If we have smaller maps it will be easier for casual players to pick up. Do we make it arcadish? If we have larger maps, players will be forced to use strategy and game sessions will be longer.

In the end, they went with the casual player in mind, smaller maps and shorter gaming sessions. While I'm sure a great many people will welcome this arcade experience, many of us will not. At the end of the day I am excited for the casual players out there that are getting arcade Star Wars experience.

Sadly, it's just not something I can buy.

I keep seeing this word casual attached to this game. I get it to an extent, but a lot of the people saying it weren't players of the previous Battlefront games so they don't apparently realize that DICE was really shooting for a reboot of that series on a modern engine.

Just to play devil's advocate, which "less casual" game(s) do you wish Battlefront was more like? More like Battlefield 2/3/4? More like Arma III? I'd like to know what qualifies for not-casual these days.

I had fun playing the beta on my ps4.. but was acclimating to the ds4 controller. Still and all it looks beautiful and seems fun. I would rather team up for co-op missions and a lot of every player for themselves chaos... but anyways. I have a queue of games now and Fallout4's going to be a big time sink. I'll probably end up getting this as I know other people will and want to party up.

Can you all stop using the "BF" acronym? You are confusing the hell out of me. 3/4 of you are talking about Battlefront and the other 1/4 are talking about Battlefield.

I keep seeing this word casual attached to this game. I get it to an extent, but a lot of the people saying it weren't players of the previous Battlefront games so they don't apparently realize that DICE was really shooting for a reboot of that series on a modern engine.

Just to play devil's advocate, which "less casual" game(s) do you wish Battlefront was more like? More like Battlefield 2/3/4? More like Arma III? I'd like to know what qualifies for not-casual these days.

Having played the original Battle Front games this is a casual. No 64 player maps, no dedicated servers and no server browser means no sale from me. They even said its not fun if your clan is always winning. Um sorry Dice winning is everything.

Usual suspects on here bitching and crying about dedicated servers or "casual" (what the fuck does that even mean in a video game?) game play.

With that evidence I will probably get tons of hours out of this game and love it. Just like BF3, BF4, and many other games that were "cool/hip" to hate on the [H]ard.

If it's like BF4 I'll like it just fine. While not perfect, I had a lot of fun with BF4.

Back