Overwatch Beta Starts Today

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Overwatch closed beta starts today. Blue's has rounded up all the relevant info and put it all in one easy access location. Anyone in the beta?

The Overwatch Twitter account has a few additional notes about this. This tweet says there isn't an exact launch time for the beta (though after the current maintenance ends is a good guess) and this tweet explains that once the beta is live, they will begin flagging accounts to participate "in waves," which may take hours to complete.

Supposedly they'll be firing up the system later this evening according to a tweet they put out several hours ago (in the US), with the EU servers coming online afterward. I started an "Official" discussion thread in the Gaming subforum here if anyone cares to participate (if you get into the beta tonight or whenever):

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1879551

Not much there at the moment but, hopefully that'll change as this gets into high gear. Been waiting on this since it was first announced just about a year ago and I have high hopes for it.

Anyone get in on this?

Nope. Watched 20-30 minutes of Ellohime playing it on Twitch, its a cartoon game with constant seizure-inducing flashing graphics, perhaps this will be a hit with the younger ADHD crowd. If this didn't have Blizzard's name attached to it, its hard to imagine this would be getting any attention just based on gameplay.

It officially went live maybe 1 to 2 hours ago, the info says they're sending out the invites in the next 12-24 hours in waves to handle all the participants and no, I didn't get one, at least not yet so I'm still hoping. According to the beta FAQ it needs a bit more GPU power than my lowly Dell Latitude E6420 is capable of even for about 30 fps so (mine has an Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200M w/512MB), it looks like I'm either going to miss out on this entirely or I better get me some better hardware fast if I do get an invite.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/19932055/

Here's to hoping, however.

Nope. Watched 20-30 minutes of Ellohime playing it on Twitch, its a cartoon game with constant seizure-inducing flashing graphics, perhaps this will be a hit with the younger ADHD crowd. If this didn't have Blizzard's name attached to it, its hard to imagine this would be getting any attention just based on gameplay.

I'm inclined to agree. I understand they want to create a new world/concept, and that's fine. But I'm old and new things scare me. If this was a Starcraft tie in with a decidedly more adult tone I could dig it. But as it is, bah, the kids can keep it.

I'll try it but it looks too much like TF2 so I probably won't enjoy it.

Still a single weapon per character? Looked kind of noobish last time I checked. Worse than TF2

Still a single weapon per character? Looked kind of noobish last time I checked. Worse than TF2
It is Hero-based, not weapon based. So you choose a hero and that hero has a set number of abilities.

Blizzard teased me with an email today that was only a BlizzCon advertisement.

It is Hero-based, not weapon based. So you choose a hero and that hero has a set number of abilities.

i honestly think titian and its remnants became destiny... as for overwatch think a destiny/dota/tf2 fps hybrid

Yeah didn't get in either and I signed up during the announcement at Blizzcon. Can't go by activity either because I play HoTS pretty consistently

Back