Twitter CEO Giving $200M Of His Stock To Staff

HardOCP News

[H] News
How do you boost morale after laying off 336 employees? Hand out $200 million in stock to your remaining staff.

Dorsey tweeted Thursday that he’s giving roughly one third of his Twitter stock back to the employee equity pool, meaning it can be dispersed throughout the company to employees. Dorsey has roughly 22 million shares of stock, according to an SEC filing, and said in his tweet that he has giving back exactly 1 percent of the company. That’s roughly $200 million in stock.

Wait...so his 22million shares is worth $$$20Billion?!?
Unless my math is off, that is a whole money outta nothing!

if 1% = $200,000,000, then the entire company is worth $20,000,000,000 ($20 billion).

idiocracy is getting here slowly but surely.

Wait...so his 22million shares is worth $$$20Billion?!?
Unless my math is off, that is a whole money outta nothing!

Article says he is giving away 1/3 of his shares which is the equivalent of 1% of the company value. So the company is worth $20B.

I agree with others, what a bummer to those that just got laid off

Article didn't say how it would be dispersed.

My thinking is this. 95% of those shares go to management and the other 5% get divided up to the remaining 1000 employees or whatever works there.

= A bunch of smiling management and insulted employees.

Yup, must be paying for all their servers and ad campaigns out of pocket, nope no money going into that company at all.

Not being profitable and money being dumped into a company are two different things. Here we see a company with a multi-billion dollar valuation that hasn't profited EVER. Yet this guy is able to sell off investor money, investors that are taking a bet that this company will ever be profitable.

How the fuck are you going to be profitable when your company is basically a centralized form of sms?
Start charging people to tweet? Lol.

What is the final verdict? Someone PLEASE tell me fucking Twitter isn't worth 20 billion dollars

Twitter has changed the news cycle. That is were it brings the biggest value. They haven't found a way to monetize their product but it has had an impact on the way news is distributed and received.

I use it exclusively for sports news but I will say anytime there is some actaul news (Ferguson, Boston Marathon) I became aware of it on twitter way before any other news outlet. Seems like the majority of [H] is under the impression that you get spammed by people letting you know they are taking a shit. If you follow the right people it can be a very good resource. Like I said my main interest is cause of sports so I follow a lot of sports insiders (Adam Shefter for NFL, Adrian Woj(insert rest of his name here) for NBA). I play Fanduel so it becomes valuable for day to day injuries. I pretty much just get sports news stories all day in my twitter feed.

What is the final verdict? Someone PLEASE tell me fucking Twitter isn't worth 20 billion dollars

Twitter's Market Cap is $19.71 billion as of market close today. So yeah, they're worth about $20 billion.

Back