DOOM Multiplayer Closed Alpha Gameplay Video

Looks pretty cool...I guess it's a throwback to arena shooters, but not quite as fast or tight it appears.

the movement speed looks a little slow for a doom game, but otherwise it looks pretty much like I'd expect. Definitely interested.

Looks good but, it reminds me of another game I cannot think of at the moment.

I know I wont get much support, but Doom 3 in Co-op was so freaking fun. Slow, paced game, and shit really scared me like when I played the original Doom.

This fast paced multiplayer stuff is all the damn same to me. I surprised people haven't gotten burnt out on the mindless of it. For me it's a nice tagent, but now games are coming out that do not even have a "campaign". I don't see the point.

I lol'd when the rather effeminate guy computer voice said "quad damage"

Looks like a slow version of Q3Arena. Why don't they have maps/content to really scare the shit out of people, blood/guts/crazy hell shit all over the place type of level. Are people really that wussified these days? I mean original doom was scary because there were human torso's on sticks, and other weird shit that nobody seems to want to do anymore.

If they wanted to be true to their roots, they would release a shareware copy with the first level of single/multiplayer... not going to blindly blow 60 dollars on something that's more than likely riding on the coat tails of a success 25 years ago.

Lots of blood effects and stuff. I think I was expecting more... Doom. This reminds me more of Quake 3 Arena than Doom. Still looks pretty fun, but it looks like it would be the same game if it were Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena, etc.. Nothing that says "This is Doom" and sticks out. You could always tell Doom from a Doom clone. This is just another arena style FPS among the others. Alpha, though, so it'll probably change and those reservations will disappear and it'll be a great game.

Like others have mentioned already, it looks more like Quake Arena then Doom.
Could still be fun but I'm not planing on buying it.

This looks quite good to me. (had to watch with the sound off here, so will have to rewatch later) I'll definitely be picking it up. Also to those saying it looks like Q3A, that's definitely NOT a bad thing when it comes to the multiplayer component. I'm definitely more interested in single player though personally.

Gah, I can't stand watching people play FPS games using a console controller. I might consider getting a console if the games I want to play let me use a mouse and keyboard. But gamepads are so bad at FPS, its actually painful to watch.

Looks like Quake 3 for sure! Which...is not a bad thing. A sweet single player Doom plus a faster paced multiplayer thats a lot like Q3a with hopefully a ctf mod = win!

Looks like Quake 3 for sure! Which...is not a bad thing. A sweet single player Doom plus a faster paced multiplayer thats a lot like Q3a with hopefully a ctf mod = win!

Yep. Excited for this.

Looks like Doom 3 with a coat of paint. Dated game mechanics and all.

Quasi Quake 5 sequel, will give us the best of both worlds imo at least until a real Quake 5. But make no mistake, with the consolization of gaming and Carmack gone, it will not truly be what we envisioned. It's a different era, trends have changed, times moved on.

Everyone saying same dated game mechanics etc, well, what do you expect? To walk up to a demon and buy him some ice cream? It's doom, as stale as it is, gameplay mechanics have to remain. Otherwise, it'd be the 2008 build of Doom 4. And we don't want that!

Just enjoy it for what it is imo.

Bloody Screen "SO REAL!"

Don't like the bloody screen or the numbers that pop up for dmg. Hopefully there's an option to turn that stuff off.

Things I found wrong (though probably attributed to consoles playing) --

1. FOV! Better be a option for good fov settings

2. Guns appear too bulky and wide, made further noticeable by widescreen.

3. Crosshairs are iffy

Map graphics looks similar to Natural Selection 2, a 4 year old game

I honestly expect way more from ID Software. This is depressing.

Def looks like Quake Arena or UT.

TBH Im not looking forward to Doom multiplyaer, more interested in single player and co-op

Looks great. The slower movement speed seems to be accommodating for more weapon complexity, there seems to be more things possible with weapons. Looking forward to trying the alpha.

Looks like Doom 3 with a coat of paint. Dated game mechanics and all.

What mechanics exactly do you want for an id game? I don't get it. This is exactly what people that play this sort of game want. This isn't CoD. This isn't Halo. This is Doom. If you don't want dated mechanics, then Doom isn't your game. The minute they make it play like CoD or Halo, is the minute it's no longer a Doom game or an id game. That's also the minute I probably would have a hard time wanting to play their games anymore. You change the mechanics too much and you lose your core audience.

I honestly don't know why people expect something different. :confused:

It doesn't really capture the essence of Doom for me. The graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking either are they.

What mechanics exactly do you want for an id game? I don't get it. This is exactly what people that play this sort of game want. This isn't CoD. This isn't Halo. This is Doom. If you don't want dated mechanics, then Doom isn't your game. The minute they make it play like CoD or Halo, is the minute it's no longer a Doom game or an id game. That's also the minute I probably would have a hard time wanting to play their games anymore. You change the mechanics too much and you lose your core audience.

I honestly don't know why people expect something different. :confused:

It is the new thing to say now, waving the 'unoriginal' flag. New and reinvented isn't always better. Games maintain their audience and become successful IP's many times by doing what works and improving on it. Changing it means it should become something else and often times causes a game to fail. Look what they did to resident evil! :(

Meh another game with no environmental effects. No fire/heat to look through, no brush slowing you down, no rain outs, no fog, no smoke, no dust, hell no sun in your eyes.

Looks like this could be their best one since Q3. Speed was very slow and the bot AI looks terrible. This might fall somewhere in the UT range of game play.

Meh another game with no environmental effects. No fire/heat to look through, no brush slowing you down, no rain outs, no fog, no smoke, no dust, hell no sun in your eyes.

Ha! Half of what you just said would go on my list of positives. :D I don't know where rain and brush would fit into industrial/science settings. To hell with fog and sun effects.

Smoke and dust would be kinda cool I guess.

Personally I think it's looking just about how it should.

The announcer sounds bored.

Also Quad damage from Quake wth!?

Back