Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at ThinkComputers have the Noctua NH-C14S CPU cooler strapped to the test bench today for a little review action.

Today we are going to be checking out the NH-C14S, which is a new revision of the award winning NH-C14 that offers better memory clearance, an offset design that gives better clearance for PCI-Express cards, and offers both a low-profile mode and a high clearance mode. Will these changes affect how well the cooler performs? Or do we have another winner on our hands?

So I am a bit confused, their testing shows this doing a better job that a Noctua NH-D15S. I thought this style of cooler was only for low profile needs and generally not as good at cooling as the towers, but this seems to show different.

load.jpg

not really, the oldie NH-C14 was always better than the bigger NH-D14, and the NH-D14 it's better or at worse equal than the NH-D15 with the same fans, so no surprise here.

not really, the oldie NH-C14 was always better than the bigger NH-D14, and the NH-D14 it's better or at worse equal than the NH-D15 with the same fans, so no surprise here.

Well I guess I learned something today, I might have to try one of these out. I wonder if board temps are lower too since it is blowing air down.

Well I guess I learned something today, I might have to try one of these out. I wonder if board temps are lower too since it is blowing air down.

oh yes, VRM, RAM, Mosfets. etc all work considerably cooler, everything around the CPU and even the CPU socket works at significantly lower temps.

Back