Data Dump Suggests Possible Breach At Electronic Arts

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
EA or Origin account information has reportedly been compromised and leaked on Pastebin.

In a statement, EA said that they would take steps to secure any EA or Origin account with user ID matching the accounts posted to Pastebin. However, the statement didn't offer any exact details on the protection methods - hopefully password resets will be part of the resolution.

Time for everyone with an account to change their passwords. And EA needs to set up some damn two-step authentication. Not that EA really cares about their customers.

Origin does have two step verification, but it's strictly opt-in.

My experience with Origin's two step authentication has been mostly negative. Emails for login codes should arrive immediately but I often don't get them for days or at all. I'm not sure if that's changed within the last 6 months, but I'm sticking with Steam.

I recently installed Origin so I could play BF4. I was having a problem where it wouldn't send my email verification when I used the link in Origin. I changed my password and then it worked fine. Got the email right away. Haven't had any complaints about Origin otherwise. Been having a blast with BF4.

Back